27 Times Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone Were Perfect Together
I remember shipping Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone the second they were announced as the new Peter and Gwen in the Spider-Man reboot. It was such a perfect pairing, and of course it was the director of (500) Days of Summer who made it happen. I remember there were rumors of the two dating and photos of a post-dinner walk—they still understood the concept of personal space back then, so it was easy to dismiss the rumors as wishful thinking. But then they came out as a couple through a very PDA walk in NYC that the paparazzi dutifully documented in January 2012. Since then, they've been the source of the cutest and sweetest interviews and GIFs that compiling this list was a breeze—the only hard part was deciding which ones to take out! (I stuck to the most recent ones because there's A LOT from their latest press tour.)
1. Whenever they look at each other. So much love.
2. Or when they check each other out not very discreetly. Whoa there, girl. Not that anyone can blame you—that's one cute guy on your arm.
3. Whenever they're touchy and cuddly on the red carpet.
4. When they were asked which animal they'd want to be and they had the same answer.
5. When they were proud of each other's little accomplishments, like Andrew's gymnastics stint.
6. Whenever they blur the line between the real and reel.
7. Whenever they, you know, "act."
8. When they couldn't contain their feels around each other.
9. When they called each other cute nicknames.
10. When they did the Bamboleo.
11. When they did this bit for the MTV Movie Awards.
12. Whenever they sing like they just don't curr.
13. When they broke it down with Jamie Foxx on Ellen.
14. When Jamie Foxx shipped them hard on Ellen.
15. Like, really hard.
16. When a spider mascot came to scare Jamie, and Andrew "protected" Emma by holding on to her knees.
17. When they admitted they've used someone else's toothbrush, and you immediately thought they were talking about each other.
18. When Andrew was showing off because Emma was right next to him.
19. When they were on each other's team.
20. When Andrew was familiar with Emma's tummy sitch.
21. When Andrew improvised this romantic kiss for the movie.
22. When Spidey did some cheesy skywriting for Gwen, and you thought Andrew would do it for Emma in a snap.
23. When they talked about Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane being cut out of the sequel. Andrew: "“It had nothing to do with Shailene or the scenes we shot. Nothing to do with anything aside from us realizing that there should only be one woman in Peter's life. And that woman is Gwen."
24. When Emma found out about Stonefield and she skillfully changed the topic. Sneaky!
25. When Emma was messing with Andrew at a press con and he just let her—even encouraged her.
26. Whenever Andrew's being a gentleman—which is like all the time. Totes squealing with this Instagrammer!
27. Whenever they interact with kids. Can you just imagine the cuteness overload when they have kids of their own?
It'll be all Disneyland dates and perfection. <3
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens on April 30.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
these sheets that exactly remind me of how I gushed in between my pillow and space you filled in the longing of my burned sorrow put smile to my sober face just like how a three year old receive her lollipop
i searched you everywhere and here you are laying down beside me in my imagination the walls that our screens built a boundary and an obvious message that says i can never have you because you wear clerical shirt and obviously you loved someone else before me
oh god, do I really want this forbidden love? that only exist in my imagination? that only exist through my words? would you, meine liebling, notice me and my art one second? because I am dying to say I love you.
A Simple Learner Who's a Great Pretender
Maybe I'm just a learner, not a weirdo. A learner that knows how to listen and pretend. A simple learner who's a great pretender. Pretending to be slightly dumb enough not to be judged and criticized by those who do not appreciate my existence. We surround ourselves with people who's levels are either beyond or below our intellectual behavior, because as for reality, people may use you either for their success or your downfall. Since then, people tend to judge someone who has an intellect with things they shouldn't be. Making them a criticizer, and most of all, calling them weird.
Honestly, I'm one of this "weirdo" who actually loves to learn things, and for the record, I'm bullied and stressed out for making myself not to learn more and go with the flow to dumbness I had. Have you ever feel being assigned to some task where you know every process to make it easier and faster to finish but turns out to hesitate to voice out because some of your mates put themselves in charge. There are times where I know what to do, what to say, or how to react, but kept myself silent and pretend not to know anything that may help us. Maybe it's a good thing to just go with their ideas and learn from their perspectives, but sometimes you can't control it and says something, and once again called to be a weirdo and let you finish the work by yourself.
It's annoying that you only know one process yet they gave you the whole work and let you finish it by yourself because they insist that "MAGALING KA DIBA?". It's not your fault being an intellectual person, knowing such things that may help you to pursue your dreams, and have the basic knowledge about something. You don't need to know everything, just the basics. And as for those people who do not appreciate your existence, let them be and continue what's the best for you. In some cases, you'll be annoyed by this but most of the time you'll be thankful for it. Not for now but maybe later. Just be yourself either a weirdo, a great pretender, or a simple learner, and always remember to lower your voice and behavior because no one loves that.
Just be a great pretender not to hear any runts and be a good learner that appreciates everything. It's out of nowhere thoughts of mine, but simply I leave you this my favorite life quotation; "Don't introduce yourself, Let your success introduce you"
Dear me in six years, I wonder how life will treat you when you’re already 26 years old. Will you be financially stable? Will you be working in an advertising agency while pursuing everything about the arts? Will you be doing freelancing and living in a condo by then? I don’t know since things are very uncertain. I hope by the time you graduate from college and face the real meaning of the world, you’ll know what the real purpose of doing and living in the art will be.
I know it’s been so tough ever since you turned 20 but that’s how life works, I guess. There will be a lot of hopes and trials, breakdowns, and breakthroughs but I have high hopes of you becoming the better version of yourself. You always do, though. You were never a quitter. Making decisions is getting harder and harder as you grow but I hope it doesn’t make you stop doing what you really love to do. You will face different people with different perspectives. You will feel like a stranger once again, it’s like you were back in your freshmen year. It’s going to be tougher than you’ve expected but you can do it. I believe you can.
Most of the time, people's perception of us as a strong person makes us feel that we are not entitled to be vulnerable because they might be disappointed for seeing our weak spots. And so when we are hurting, we are often scared of extreme emotions and so bury our feelings. We deny them, trying to avoid the pain we feel.
But by doing that, we are just allowing it to come back to us and haunt us. And when it comes back, it might be stronger and it will be harder for us to get over it than when we faced them first. I realized it just now that facing those emotions will scare them until they're gone. The saying 'Let it hurt until it hurts no more' goes true. Admitting your pain to yourself doesn't make you weak. It only proves that you are strong enough to acknowledge such extreme emotions without avoiding them. We are humans and it's okay if we hurt sometimes.
Before, sliding over the rainbows
Now, our hearts are bruised
Days once full of love and laughter
Became dawns of forfeited ever after
Smiles that bring ticklish sensations
Turned to cold question and answer
Figuring who would be the next instructor
The queen’s awake
Grappling to the happiness that the sorrow and sadness take
Going back to all the promises he couldn’t make