18 Years Later, She's All That Is Still All That
The '90s: the golden age of high school rom-coms featuring popular kids and outcasts, problematic plots, and killer soundtracks. Here are a few reasons why She's All That, a movie about a jock making a bet that he can turn an "ugly duckling" into the prom queen—so wrong on so many levels, but hey, that's the '90s for ya—that is celebrating its 18th anniversary this month, is definitely one of our favorites from the bunch.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (Zack) and Rachael Leigh Cook (Laney) were so cute together.
- Zack was super crush material.
- Beautiful as he is, though, Zack had to step up his game for Laney.
- Because Laney was a badass...
- Who would not be easily swayed.
- The big makeover scene is a classic.
- You can still find shades of it in teen titles to this day!
- These students were really into prom, choreographing a major routine for the big night.
- The late Paul Walker was in it, as the jerk who made the bet against Zack.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, famous for Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the time and eventually married Freddie in real life, had a cameo, too.
- And let's not forget, Laney and Zack had the cutest music video: Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me"!
What’s your favorite scene from She's All That?