10 Things About The Maine and Never Shout Never
- Christofer Drew Ingle, Never Shout Never's lead singer, just turned 20 last February 11, 2011.
- The Maine's lead singer, John O'Callaghan V confesses that their latest album, Black & White was heavily inspired by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, a rock group from the 1970s.
- Never Shout Never is already working on a new album and is veering towards a more new age style.
- When asked the question, "If you weren't in a band, what would you be doing?" Kennedy Brock of The Maine jokingly replied he would want to be a professional sky diver, but when asked by Christopher Drew of Never Shout Never if he's ever been sky diving, Kennedy later admitted that he has never and would never do it.
- Never Shout Never's favorite band of the moment is The Wiyos, a musical trio whose style is reminiscent of 1920s music, but famed for putting a more contemporary spin on things.
- These bands consist of relatively young members! The Maine's bassist, Garrett Nickelsen, turned 21 only a few days ago. Belated happy birthday to him!
- Both The Maine and Never Shout Never confessed that Myspace played a huge part in their successes. At 16 years old and out of high school, Christofer Drew of Never Shout Never practically lived in his car. He turned to Myspace to record and publish songs. Myspace also gave him the power to be able to book gigs!
- The Maine's band name was inspired by the song "Coast of Maine" by the band Ivory.
- Never Shout Never's Christofer Drew was able to have 55 million song plays on his Myspace and sold over 58,000 EPs—all as an unsigned artist!
- Just after releasing their first full-length album, The Maine had a chance to tour with Good Charlotte and Boys Like Girls. For them, it was an eye-opening experience and an honor to see these bands that have made a name for themselves and yet still have humble and down to earth personalities.
Catch the remaining live shows of Never Shout Never, The Maine and We The Kings in respective Ayala malls! Don't miss out on these 3 great bands! (February 18 at the Fashion Walk, Greenbelt, February 19 at the Market!Market! Activity Center, and February 20 at the Alabang Town Center, Corte De Las Palmas Parking.)