10 Movie Lines That'll Instantly Make You Feel Better
There are just days when you feel ugly or inadequate or like you're good for nothing. There are days when you feel like you're a hopeless case, an alien to the world around you. That's normal.
And what you need on days like that are these: a bucket of popcorn, someone to watch beside you (why not with your mom, since Mother's Day is coming up?), and a list of feel-good movies guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself.
1. Mean Girls. For when someone called you ugly behind your back.
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower. For that time you want to move on from someone you know won't be good for you.
3. Little Miss Sunshine. For when you feel bad about not being good enough for something.
4. Silver Linings Playbook. When you did something wrong, and you can't forgive yourself.
"There will always be a part of me that is dirty and sloppy, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself."
5. Amelie. For when a good opportunity comes and you don't know what to do about it.
"You don't have bones of glass. You can take life's knocks. If you let this chance pass, eventually, your heart will become as dry and brittle as my skeleton. So, go get him!"
6. Hairspray. For when you're quite scared of falling in love again.
"Love is a gift, a lot of people don't remember that. So, you two better brace yourselves for a whole lotta ugly coming at you from a never ending parade of stupid."
7. The Breakfast Club. For that time you feel alone and that no one understands you.
8. The Princess Diaires. For when you're afraid of trying or just afraid, period.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
9. Juno. For that time you were confused whether someone really loved you.
"the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your a**. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
10. Mary and Max. For every single day.
"Dr. Bernard Hazelhof said if I was on a desert island, then I would have to get used to my own company - just me and the coconuts. He said I would have to accept myself, my warts and all, and that we don't get to choose our warts. They are part of us and we have to live with them."
Happy watching, Candy Girls!