Top 10 Moments From the Candy Readers' Choice Awards 2014
A few days later, we're still on a high about the Candy Readers' Choice Awards 2014. The energy from you, Candy Girls and Boys, is so infectious and inspiring! It was a night to remember, especially because it was the first #CandyRCA2014. So, it was difficult to pick just 10 moments from everything that's happened. Here are some of our faves:
1. After Never the Strangers accepted the award for Best Local Band, host Janeena Chan sang a few lines from their song "Moving Closer." Co-host Alex Diaz got so kilig that this happened:
2. Best Volleyball Player awardee Gretchen Ho's speech, when she accepted the award onstage, was inspiring and touching. She revealed that she was just like us before, screaming once she sees cute guys, and that she's also a Candy Girl. Aww!
3. Killer combo: Pharrell's "Happy" + cutie James Reid who sang it for us!
4. Candy Readers' Choice for Best Basketball Player Jeron Teng said onstage that he found it unfair that he was wearing shorts, while a lot of guys were actually wearing pants. Aww. He still looked cute, though.
5. Janella Salvador won as the Best Female Rising Star, which was presented by her Be Careful With My Heart co-star Marlo Mortel. When the two got together onstage, the crowd just went cray. Can't blame all of you, because we got kilig, too.
6. Jerome Ponce was clearly too happy about winning the Best Male Rising Actor award.
7. Khalil Ramos was also there to present the award for Best TV Actress, which went to Julia Barretto.
8. Girls totes went wild when Enrique Gil was named Best Local Actor. Can't say we were surprised.
9. Kathryn Bernardo was restless that night as she won several awards: Best Movie Actress, Best Local TV Show (Got To Believe), and Best Local Loveteam (with Daniel Padilla). Look at how she reacts when she's announced as winner! So adorable.
10. The confetti shower which signaled the end of the program. It was one of the best nights, indeed. Thank you for making the first #CandyRCA2014 a successful one!
The Candy Readers' Choice Awards 2014 is co-presented by:
What's your favorite part of the #CandyRCA2014, Candy Girls? Tell us in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom!