10 Moments From the #AMAs 2014 You Shouldn't Miss
The American Music Awards (AMAs) 2014 happened earlier and everyone in the show was amazing. Missed it? Don't worry because we always have your back.
1. Taylor Swift opened the show by performing her latest track from 1989, "Blank Space." Later that night, she also received The Dick Clark Award for Excellence for her incredible contribution to the music industry.
2. Charli XCX performed our fave songs, "Boom Clap" and "Break the Rules." Of course The Fault In Our Stars actor Ansel Elgort just had to introduce her.
3. MAGIC!, with reggae legend Wyclef Jean, sang their hit song, "Rude." The song was nominated as Single of the Year, but lost to Katy Perry's "Dark Horse."
4. 5 Seconds of Summer took home the award for New Artist of the Year. Just look at those happy faces! The guys also did an amazing cover of "What I Like About You" onstage.
5. Speaking of guys, another group of guys had a blast earlier. One Direction went home with their awards for Artist of the Year, Favorite Pop/Rock Album (Midnight Memories), and Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo, or Group. Aside from taking home their recognitions, Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn also gave a live performance of "Night Changes." Can we all take a moment to appreciate the boys' perfect hairdo? Lookin' so handsome, you guys!
6. Sam Smith won Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist, and even got to perform "I'm Not the Only One" for the crowd with A$AP Rocky. He looked a little bit surprised when his name was called. What a cutie!
7. Lorde, who was up for 4 awards this year, showed us that she has the moves—no matter how adorably awkward they may be—when she sang The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 theme "Yellow Flicker Beat." She even smeared her lippie at the end of her number. #BOSS
8. Speaking of amazing ladies, we got another one. Ariana Grande performed her songs "Problem" and "Love Me Harder." That dress looks totes pretty on her!
9. Iggy Azalea was rollin' during the event. Aside from being nominated for 6 categories and winning 2 awards (Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist and Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Album for The New Classic), she also performed with Charli XCX and Jennifer Lopez earlier.
10. Selena Gomez's heart-wrenching performance of her latest hit, "The Heart Wants What It Wants" almost brought us to tears. She sung it from the heart (her voice started to crack in the middle of her performance, aww!) and we can't help but be proud of her. Even Lorde and Taylor Swift felt the same for their BFF.
Take a look at the full list of winners over here.
Which moments from the AMAs 2014 did you love most? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)