We feel like we're on a Halloween high recently, and to aid with the hype, we're featuring a timeless Halloween movie—The Nightmare Before Christmas! We happened to drop by ChannelFrederator's YouTube channel, and lucky us, he has gathered over a hundred facts about the movie! Here are 10 standouts from that long list.
- Zero's (the dog's) glowing nose is actually a jack-o-lantern.
- The movie is based off a 3-page poem of the same name that Tim Burton made when he was an animator at Disney in the 1980s.
- The poem's concept where the movie was based out off, was created after seeing a store's Halloween merchandise get replaced by Christmas displays.
- It took 100 people and 3 years to complete the film.
- Tim Burton wasn't the director of the film because he was busy directing Batman and didn’t have the time.
- Tim Burton was only present 8-10 days during the film's production.
- Dr. Finklestien isn’t listed on the movie's credits, but was instead named as the 'Evil Scientist'.
- If one frame of the scene has an issue, the whole crew will have to restart the scene and film it all again.
- Disney was supposed to make this movie into a short film or a 30-minute TV decided against it because the concept was too weird.
- The director of the movie also directed the famous stop motions, James and the Giant Peach and Coraline. And in the movie of James and the Giant Peach, Jack Skellington, the protagonist of the film this article about, makes a cameo as a pirate. Arrrgg!
Which of these facts surprised you the most? Tell us in the comments!