Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Chat with fellow Candy girls in the sweetest channel online—ChitChat!

Author Topic: Book: 50 Shades of Grey  (Read 9485 times)

slytherclaw

• sugar drops
  • Ravenclaw with a Slytherin streak.
Re: Book: 50 Shades of Grey
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
vampiredoll: You. I like you.

vampiredoll

• cotton candy
  • "Curiouser and curiouser."
    • some random super girl
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
^Stop being creepy.  :P
WP | FB | GR | T

slytherclaw

• sugar drops
  • Ravenclaw with a Slytherin streak.
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
vampiredoll: Oh, if that's creepy for you. I should really just return to Tumblr right now, where people don't misunderstand "You. I like you."

P.S. Just saying - my social anxiety is much worse. I'm an awful person, I know. This is why I should get off the Internet and be a nun forever. I hate my life. I'm sorry - I - I need to cry. I just tried to -

vampiredoll

• cotton candy
  • "Curiouser and curiouser."
    • some random super girl
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
Wow. That was a joke, child.

I should stop making jokes; I'm terrible at it.

P.S. I'm sorry, I just don't know how to react. I'm terrible t making friends.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:18:20 AM by vampiredoll »
WP | FB | GR | T

kimbanez

• chocolate rocks
    • Poupee Diaries
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »
I know people are gonna hate me for saying this, but I never liked the Fifty Shades series. Okay, yes. I`ve read the series for the sake of finishing it, which I never really got to finish because it was too, Idk. Haha. Anyway, if you`re not a bookworm, and you`ve become a book worm because of Fifty Shades, then you probably should try reading other books. Believe me, there are other better books than Fifty Shades. Don`t hate. *wink*

hannahvicente

• sugar drops
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »
I know people are gonna hate me for saying this, but I never liked the Fifty Shades series. Okay, yes. I`ve read the series for the sake of finishing it, which I never really got to finish because it was too, Idk. Haha. Anyway, if you`re not a bookworm, and you`ve become a book worm because of Fifty Shades, then you probably should try reading other books. Believe me, there are other better books than Fifty Shades. Don`t hate. *wink*
I know one who became a bookworm because of fifty. :) 50 shades of grey changed her a lot. She acts so weird and is very open in discussing topics related to premarital sex.
Love grows from within one's heart.

kimbanez

• chocolate rocks
    • Poupee Diaries
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2013, 11:40:57 PM »
I know one who became a bookworm because of fifty. :) 50 shades of grey changed her a lot. She acts so weird and is very open in discussing topics related to premarital sex.

Well, that`s weird. I guess however a person turns out cannot solely depend on reading a book, well, this particular book. Although it may be a factor. We cannot tell. I`m hoping she`s just REALLY open-minded, is all. :)

uniquechic029

• sugar drops
  • Simple but Unique
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
I tried reading this book and there's only 2 chapters left before the ending. The reason I stopped reading? I felt tired of reading in detail all their sexual activities. I know that it's the point of the story since erotic and genre pero nakakasawa rin basahin minsan. Ana's describing the same experience over and over again.

pristine_precision

• jawbreaker
  • 할말있어요.
    • Orange Kisses for everyone!
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »
The seks doesn't bother me as much as the awful descriptions and writing do.  Idk, I've read better NC-17 fanfiction.
ORANGEKISSU.blogspot.com
KakaoTalk/Kakao Story/LINE: chaostheory08
Twitter/Instagram: tonicate10

caramelbar

• jellybean
  • Lazy Daisy
    • Piece of Cake.
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
I know ppl are gonna hate me, but I think the trilogy was very, very shallow. You could even squeeze all the story in one book. Most of the chapters are pretty much loaded with (for the lack of a better term) "love" scenes, which are very repetitive and, well, boring.

I get it that the story might actually be, at some point, "nakakakilig" but I guess the book could still be improved.

Hehe. Sorry guys!

pristine_precision

• jawbreaker
  • 할말있어요.
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2013, 07:06:43 AM »
Why do you guys need to apologize nga pala?  IDGI.

Everyone on this pretty much disliked it and even if they did like it, it's not with a fire burning passion.  IDEK.
ORANGEKISSU.blogspot.com

kuchi

• taffy
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »
I tried reading this book and there's only 2 chapters left before the ending. The reason I stopped reading? I felt tired of reading in detail all their sexual activities. I know that it's the point of the story since erotic and genre pero nakakasawa rin basahin minsan. Ana's describing the same experience over and over again.

I kinda agree although I haven't even finished reading the first book, medyo nasasawa nako. I bought all three books coz I got so curious kasi everyone's been talking about it lalo na may movie na. But upon reading the first few chapters, I felt guilty I dunno why. haha yes Grey seems sweet and kilig pero at the same time creepy and medyo eww? Agree ako na paulit ulit lang description ni Ana and to think na first book pa lang yan na nababasa ko. Would've been better siguro if there's an actual and sensible plot hindi lang lust kasi so far, parang puro lust eh. I guess I'll have to see when I read na the next two books :P
There's always a reason for everything=)

xoxothirteen

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
hey guys. :) the trilogy is not bad naman. Well that's if you're really looking into what's gonna happen in the story and not that thing. xD So yeah, I liked it because of how CG changed. He wasn't that hearts and flowers kind of guy but ung things na ginawa nya para kay Ana, so sweet, awwh! :') lol sa mga hindi tinapos and/or ayaw basahin because like what they said, it's too much of that. Just give it a try, it's a nice story. ;) share lang xD

pristine_precision

• jawbreaker
  • 할말있어요.
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
There IS  a story somewhere in there but it's just AWFUL - AWFUL - writing.  I know some aweSOME fanfiction writers who can have a go at this and make it that much better.
ORANGEKISSU.blogspot.com

PseudoWriter

• gummi bear
  • Haaaaaaave you met Ted?
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »
I liked the book. I know you might seem to belittle of my appreciation since I'm a new bookworm but I like the idea of it. Refreshing yung plot unlike the other romantic novels which has the same plot over and over again. I am not aroused or anything with the sexual details of it. In fact, its not my reason why I loved the trilogy. I love the characters. I love the love story not the making-love-story of it. ;D

About the words used ;D I think EL James used more discrete words than other books. Example of which was the Beautiful Disaster of Jamie McGuire and the Fallen too Far of Abbi Glines and the Crossfire series of Sylvia Day.
The book got itself its publicity by the nature of the story which is intriguing than the other. Hahahaha even so,  that is why this book was classified as erotic so expect the explicit contents.

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Sunday Funday

by: marla, 2014-10-19

It's Sunday and you're probably already on sem break: if that's not a reason to celebrate, we don't know what is! In light of your newfound (and temporary—LOL sorry) freedom from...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved