Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Visit our new Candy Blog for the latest news and updates from Candy editorial team!

Author Topic: fashion styling COURSES/SCHOOL HELP!  (Read 2941 times)

brina

fashion styling COURSES/SCHOOL HELP!
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »
please .. i need help
gusto ko po kasing maging wardrobe stylist , so ano po yung kukunin kong course/s at ano po ung mga available school na pwede kong pasukan.
sana po tlga ay may maisuggest kayo .. 3rd year plng po ako sa HS pero gsto ko na po paghandaan yung college ko. pls pls pls . need your suggestions . ito po talaga yung dream career ko:)

Thanks in advance :)

p!nk

Re: fashion styling COURSES/SCHOOL HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »
we have the same dream I also want to be a fashion stylist like Rachel Zoe but I'm taking Educ next school year.

sorry 'bout that.

to answer your question. actually there's no specific course for Fashion styling. Since like me who wants to learn more about it, you can take a fashion class (8 sessions) in SoFa for 12,800 i think. But I know you want it really for college so when it comes to fashion the only schools I know that specializes in that area is SoFa (School of Fashion and the Arts), Fashion Institute of the Philippines and La Salle St. Benilde. When it comes to fashion, fashion design, fashion technology, fashion techonology and clothing technology are the courses connected to that but of course, sewing and designing is included already in those course.

you may want to look the school's website directly for more info specially SoFa's: http://www.sofamanila.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53 & Fashion Institute:
http://www.fashioninstitutephil.com

also, when it comes to the courses, if it's a degree program of course it is for 4 years but mostly those courses are from 1 year to 6 months only.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:09:21 PM by p!nk »

brina

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:15:04 PM »
aww .. THANK YOU PO !! thanks po sa informations !!!  :-*

p!nk

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »
aww .. THANK YOU PO !! thanks po sa informations !!!  :-*
no prob. :)

brina

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
gsto ko po talagang malaman yung tungkol sa fashion styling para po maintindihan ng mom ko .. kasi ang gusto niya yung may course .. gsto niya ako pakuhain ng ibang course .
saka, akala niya po kasi hndi po madaling magkatrabaho ang fashion stylist

definedelirium

• bubblegum
  • Define me.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:04 PM »
benilde has a fashion and merchandising course, some of the classes involve styling as well as sewing, pattern making, fashion drawing, etc. school of fashion and arts has short courses about fashion and sewing, maybe they have some on styling too.

and p!nk is right, you dont need to have be a graduate of a fashion styling course to work in fashion styling. all you need is an innate sense of style, great taste, good work ethics and possibly, connections in the design industry. build up your portfolio so you have something to show to potential clients.

musiclovearts

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
Parehas tayo ng gusto :) Sa sofa manila or sa fashion slim .

kiwi_ketchumz

• gummi bear
  • You Will Never Know What You Are To Me
    • right under My Turf
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
Fashion, in my opinion, isn't really that big yet in the Philippines so you would struggle to survive in the industry unless you have strong connections of course. Also, it's not considered as a 'real' course as it is in Europe and America. However, if you really have the drive to do the course from start to finish, and trust me, it requires hard work and consumes a lot of your time, then you'd be proving all the other people out there wrong.

If  it's really really what you want to do and think you have what it takes to survive, tell her that. You might also want to add that the fashion industry doesn't only mean clothes, there's a lot more to it. And styling, could be done anywhere, with anyone. You could style people for photoshoots, for magazines, for events, etc.

You have to be aware though that most parents don't approve of their children going into fashion schools purely because they think that anyone could do it, even without going to school and learning about them. Do your research first and see if you could find any points to counter your parents' decisions just in case they say no. Good luck! :)
Blame iiT On The Alcohol

caramelbar

• jellybean
  • Lazy Daisy
    • Piece of Cake.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »
Try looking up the courses in SoFA (School of Fashion and the Arts).  ;D

kim_mati

• sugar drops
  • Fashion Finder :)
    • Clozette - your social fashion community
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
Try any arts courses muna. Some of the people in the fashion industry didn't even have a fashion course but they thrive. If fashion is really your interest, it will come out of you whatever you do. So better if you know two, e.g. fashion + communication, perhaps. I'm happy to share that i'm in social media and fashion industry and I'm happy with it.  :)

Yumiii_

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
please .. i need help
gusto ko po kasing maging wardrobe stylist , so ano po yung kukunin kong course/s at ano po ung mga available school na pwede kong pasukan.
sana po tlga ay may maisuggest kayo .. 3rd year plng po ako sa HS pero gsto ko na po paghandaan yung college ko. pls pls pls . need your suggestions . ito po talaga yung dream career ko:)

Thanks in advance :)

Fashion Institute of The Philippines (sa FIP short courses lng cla wlng 4yrs course). School of Fashion and the Arts(sa sofa may 4yrs 2yrs 1yr & meon dn cla 6months lng, tgnan mu nlng sa website nla.. d2 q gs2 mg fashion design un nga lng ang mahal and ang layo smin hmp peo pra skn e2 tlga 1st choice q qng mg ffashion design aq gs2 q dn maging stylish so kxma n un dun if ung 4yrs course nla ttake mu :).) . De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (2nd choice q to :)) kxo sbe ng kuya q ang mahal dn dw d2 so un asar! 4yrs course meon cla). Slims Fashion and Arts School (d2 nde aq sure qng short course lng un inooffer nla so u better visit their website nlng search mu nlng ;D) . Raffles-design-institute (d2 nmn astig.. may inoofer cla n 2yrs course taz after mu dun sa 2yrs n un, kukuha k ng bachelor degree sa ibng bansa taray!  :D for 1yr un or 2yrs ata if im not mistaken.. so un! e2 3rd choice q kxo ang mahal dn prng prehas ata cla ng price ng SoFA peo mgnda dw d2. and last p pla pg nag take k nung bachelor degree s ibng bansa, qng aln place man pipiliin mo if ever singapore kunware pipiliin mu magiging citizen kna dw dun..so un for more info visit mu nlng website nla ;D pwd mu dn clng imsg dun if gs2 mu mg tanung s knla :)).

un hehe.. GOODLUCK sa study!  :) and gudluck dn skn haha sna matake q 2ng course n to after q mg tourism :D .

bifara

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
Sino po may alam kung saan pwedeng mag-intern as fashion stylist or fashion assistant this summer? and kung anong schools po nag-ooffer ng fashion styling course. thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Happy (almost) Halloween!

by: kaye, 2014-10-26

Fun Fact: Halloween is my favorite not-holiday. Every year, my sisters and I veg out on the couch with a gratuitous amount of candy and junk food, and a queue of classic spooky-but-not-scary...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved