Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Make sure to read the House Rules before posting anything!

Author Topic: Student Loans  (Read 917 times)

s2pd_tine

• bubblegum
  • i cried, i laugh, but in the end.... i'm still me!
    • http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/tan_goddess/tide.gif
Student Loans
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »
Hi! I am justine from Canada and I am in university right now. I have to pay for my own tuition for the coming school year and all the school years to come. Since my dad won't pay for my tuition and fees na (sabi na nga ba I should have stayed in the Philippines then he would have to pay for everything). Anyway, is there anyone here who is in the same situation as me and is there also someone here who got student loans to support themselves financially to study? I just want to know how it works and if mahirap ba yung buhay if mangutang sa government ng money to pay for education?
GO ATENEO! ONE BIG FIGHT!
150 years---the Ateneo Way!

Daffyyy

• jellybean
Re: Student Loans
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »
Hey! I'm Daphne naman from California. :) I'm a freshman in college and I have student loans as well as grants. Last semester, the government sent me a mail about the interest sa loan ko, then sabi nila I can wait til i finish school or pay the interest now so it wont add up pa. So i paid nalang the interest mga $25 lang naman yun. And sabi dun sa loan, I'll start paying daw on 2015 pa. LOL
21 | California | Instagram: daphneami

misshappydoll

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
Same thing for us here in the UK. You can apply for a student loan to pay for your tuition fees & stuff & you can also apply for maintenance & tuition grants. Dito naman, you can pay your loan back once you've started working na & earning enough money. From then magbabawas na yun sa salary mo or something. Pwede rin yata I pay back mo sila ng monthly minimum of £5 ata. So that's a good thing.

However, I also wanted to know kung pano ang student finance dyan sa Philippines coz I wanted to go back there this year or maybe next year to do a MMA degree at DLSU-CSB. I did a little bit of research & found out that its one of the best universities that offers the best MMA course. The annual tuition is kind of pricey (at around P200k, its almost the same price sa mga universities dito) but then again I guess its all worth it coz they have the right & proper equipments and stuff. :|

I'm also considering UST, Asia Pacific College, St. Scho, St. Paul & FEU, too. I've heard they do those similar courses but they cost less than CSB.

I'm confused though coz I really wanna go back there & study but then again nasasayang din ako sa mga advantages ko dito.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately & its drivin me crazy. I'm planning to go back there to study & to experience the independent college life (away from my family) & then come back here after. More issues pa is san ako titira, makakapasa ba ako sa univertities na aapply-an ko? Will my parents support me pag andun na ako?

Saka eto pa nag gugulo sa isip ko, di ko kasi alam kung magiging accredited ba yung magiging degree ko dyan pag nag hanap na ako ng work dito. Grr. Everything sounds so complicated. Sigh* Sorry for the random rant. Hehe.

aznbelle89

• cotton candy
  • smile!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
I really don't know if this is still an issue for you but I thought I'd leave you this link to check out:
Canada Student Loans

I know almost nothing about how it works in Canada but if it is in any way similar to the US, I'd say it's worth it to take out loans for your college education. Don't look at it as debt but as an investment! But if you can get grants, those are nice too... and your school probably has a financial aid system so look into that too (in the US, you just have to fill out a FAFSA form and that'll help you tap into grants, loans and financial aid directly from your university/college). And if, again, the Canadian system is in any way similar to the American system when it comes to educational loans, government funded loans are not going to accrue interest until you're done with school. And usually, the interest rates are pretty good.

Good luck!
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

frich

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 04:17:22 AM »
It's really hard to pay for your tuition fee yourself. You have to work while studying at the same time. Some people even rely on short term loans just to make ends meet. I think just try to take 1 or 2 courses at a time so you can work while you're studying. It will take longer but you won't need to apply for any loans.

bebechan

• jellybean
  • in alliance with stewie griffin
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »
How about applying for a scholarship grant? Being the one paying for your own tuition is a burden for me. Probably I think that way because I'm currently studying in the Philippines where my parents are the one pulling an all-nighter just to pay my tuition.
PRESS PLAY

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Love Lately

by: kaye, 2014-09-29

(click to see a bigger version) I normally hate the mall but I seem to be popping into them more often these days. I blame my job—every time the fashion pages land on my desk...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved