Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Visit our new Candy Blog for the latest news and updates from Candy editorial team!

Author Topic: Would you get married at 18?  (Read 15994 times)

manilagirl

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
Re: Would you get married at 18?
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
Kala ko dati keri lang. I have no idea what to do with my life when I was 18, so I thought getting married is no big deal. Then tumanda ako. And 5 years later I realized it is not a convenient time to marry given the fact that I have many opportunities and potentials. Hindi ako naghahangad ng superficial success, but I only want to be emotionally ready and financially stable. :)

santosromelyn

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
NO. I wouldn't. Ideal age ko for marriage is 27-29 para okay na sa college, mej may ipon na and mukhang nagagawa ko naman na yung mga gusto ko. Also, emotionally and mentally stable na ako and mature to handle a marriage and family.

jhajhariffic

• sugar drops
  • Rejection hurts worse than Death...
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »
No. Honestly, I'm kinda irritated by people who do. like you are too young to get married, and im like 20 something but im still single (chose to be one) so like anu ba minamadali niyo? di naman kayo mauubusan ng lalaki aa... (bitter mode lang daw lol) but i mean cmon seriously even if you got pregnant, getting married is never a solution. Getting married is being committed to someone for the rest of your lives! get that? it's a sacred and holy thing, you cant just marry someone and when you realize that he isnt the one, break it apart and marry the "right" one when you thought the right one was the first one you married (whew!) okay... lol

PS
im not bitter its just that i really am against it, but at the end of the day it will always be up to the person who needs to make that decision. :) just dont be too vulnerable... :)

misssimplissity

• sugar drops
  • guess who :)
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2014, 12:14:51 AM »
I gotta admit, when I was younger (as in really, really young haha), it WAS a dream of mine. Screw those fairytales for making me want to get married early. HAHA

Though 18 is the legal age for marriage, there are still so many things that you can do while you're single, a lot of which you can't do anymore when you're married. So embrace the single life while you can! ;)
Once a Teentalker...

Always a Teentalker.

momentarygold

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2014, 12:14:02 AM »
As much as the thought of getting married at a young age seems like a perfect dream for some (or maybe most of us romantics), I wouldn't. 18 is such a young age to settle down for good. There are a lot of things to do and places to go before limiting yourself.
"I love the vagueness of words that involve time."

jennaration

• sugar drops
  • We aim to please.
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »
OH PLEASE!!!! NO

Unless I do have millions in my bank account...  :P

lvlbba

• jellybean
  • peek-a-boo! xoxoxox
    • www.friendster.com/friendlygirl431992
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
No. Honestly, I'm kinda irritated by people who do. like you are too young to get married, and im like 20 something but im still single (chose to be one) so like anu ba minamadali niyo? di naman kayo mauubusan ng lalaki aa... (bitter mode lang daw lol) but i mean cmon seriously even if you got pregnant, getting married is never a solution. Getting married is being committed to someone for the rest of your lives! get that? it's a sacred and holy thing, you cant just marry someone and when you realize that he isnt the one, break it apart and marry the "right" one when you thought the right one was the first one you married (whew!) okay... lol

PS
im not bitter its just that i really am against it, but at the end of the day it will always be up to the person who needs to make that decision. :) just dont be too vulnerable... :)

There are people who are very much aware that getting married means commiting forever. Your post is very patronising. Young doesn't mean unable to handle marriage and family. It's also nothing to do with running out of men but sometimes there is no point in waiting.
So you seduced your all-too-willing husband. Thatís not a capital offense>-Edward

Edward: So the lion fell in love with the lamb
Bella: What a stupid lamb
Edward: What a sick masochistic lion

lvlbba

• jellybean
  • peek-a-boo! xoxoxox
    • www.friendster.com/friendlygirl431992
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
I got married at 19 and while it hasn't been the easiest, it was definitely the right decision. It has never been a hindrance for both of us. My husband graduated two years ago and he is now working in a stable job and I'm graduating in July. It's up to the people involve on how to make it work out.
So you seduced your all-too-willing husband. Thatís not a capital offense>-Edward

Edward: So the lion fell in love with the lamb
Bella: What a stupid lamb
Edward: What a sick masochistic lion

cherryflavoredcandy

• cotton candy
  • Unknown Heroine
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
I turned 19 last October pero hanggang ngayon di pa sumasagi sa isip ko 'to. :D I'm in a relationship with the man I love although both of us are planning a future together pero inuuna pa namin family namin. Gusto muna naming makatulong sa pamilya bago yan. :) Nakakalungkot lang pag may nakikita akong nagbubuntisan na mas bata pa sa akin, kaedad ko lang di na nga nakapagtapos wala pang work tapos in the end aasa lang sa magulang ng pambuhay. I look up to my siblings, malapit na mag30 pero tumutulong pa din sa family. I think I must be financially stable pa bago magasawa dapat yung spouse ko din and of course both of us must be spiritually stable which is the most important. The Lord is wise that He gave us Seasons of Life: time to learn, time to earn and time to marry. Everything is always in His perfect timing. :)
☜♡☞

eanne_20

• cotton candy
  • What goes around comes around
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2014, 09:03:01 PM »
I'm 19. And single. Hahaha! I don't wanna rush things. Actually, sabi ko sa sarili ko, hindi ako mag-aasawa hanggat di ko nabibili lahat ng luho ko. :)))))

poshiepink

• jawbreaker
  • Shy on the streets, sexy in the sheets
    • Tumblr.
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
Marrying at 18 is like leaving a party before 9pm. Too early.

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Class Act

by: marla, 2014-10-24

Okay, okay: we know this blog has been looking more like a food blog than a lifestyle/fashion/beauty blog lately. But we can't help itóthe universe just keeps showering us with delicious...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved