Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Chat with fellow Candy girls in the sweetest channel online—ChitChat!

Author Topic: Nakapagsimba ka na ba sa mga simbahan ng ibang relihyion?  (Read 14149 times)

pach

• jawbreaker
Nakapagsimba ka na ba sa mga simbahan ng ibang relihyion?
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
Im just curious  :)

ako oo.

1. Greek Orthodox Church (i'm an occasional Church-goer there) I just fell in love with the Church and the Liturgy and all that. 

2. I also go to this born again fellowship house near our place. Crush ko mga preachers nila dun  ;D

3. I'm planning to go to this schismatic church somewhere in QC called "Society of St Pius X". A super-conservative, ultra-traditional Catholic group. They say the Mass there is more solemn, so I'll try it out. It's scary though coz people say they look like they've just come out from an 1800's photo  ;D

4. Im also planning to go to an INC Sambahan, there's also one near us.  They even say it's one of the district head quarters here. A very huge place. Never pa ko nakakapunta sa isang Pagsamba so I guess it's interesting to go to one. I've been watching the Iglesia Ni Cristo channel and Gem TV for a couple of months now since we subscribed to sky. Dun nakikita ko pagsamba nila and I say they're very organized. lol  ;)

I already went there.

before the mass, Bro. Edwil treated us to Mcdonald's... habang kumakain kami, saka nami sya ininterview. I even had the chance to meet his family.

a very good, very smart guy.

after nun, pumunta sya sa UST, sa Ecclesiastical Faculty tas ininvite namin sya para mag bigay ng talk about the Iglesia ni Cristo... 

i learned alot about INC from him.. sayang nga 2 times lang kami nag meet, i would like meet him once agian. pagka may time ako bibisita ulit ako sa Central Temple para  bsitahin sya or para mag attend ng mga pagsamba.

i like the way how the INC church goers dress when going to church. very modest and respectable, even the little children. the cute little children.

their discipline is really superb. no one talks inside, no laughs, no giggles.. most of them pray silently..ung iba umiiyak. may isang natutulog pero mabuti at sinisista.

i like how the ministers dress up.. maski ung mga evangelical workers at mga teenagers na nagaaral sa pagka ministro. i got the chance to meet a number of these teenage students.. lahat sila naka barong, which really marked a deep impression on me.

that's something that the Catholic Church could learn from the INC: yung discipline pati yung pananamit sa pagsamba.

5. If there's a decent Mosque somewhere here in Metro Manila, then why not. Iisa lang kasi ung Mosque na alam ko dito eh, and nasa baclaran pa. and erm, the place around isnt quite safe pagka ako lang mag isa

6. And then the Taoist Temple somewhere in Manila. Nadadaanan ko yun pagka nasakay ako ng LRT. I wonder how those guys in there do it, so yeah, this is part of my list.

7. There's also this Masonic Temple along Taft.I honestly, positively do not know what they do inside there, so I'm really curious about that place. I'll go if I have time. Ofcourse, I won't tell that I'm Roman Catholic, since Masonry is one of the greatest doctrinal enemies of the Church.

8. And then I saw another temple along U.N Avenue, it's a Sikh Temple daw eh, basta yung mga pinupuntahan ng mga bumbay. I shudder to think kung ano ma-e-experience ko dun, ano, magpapakain ba ako ng daga, kasama ko ba sa pagsamba ang baka? Iono. I'll find out soon.  ;D

9. Did I miss out on something? Ah, yung mga Rizalista. But they're far eh.

10. Finally I have experienced what it is to go to a Jewish worship service!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you guys? saan na kayo nakapag simba?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:37:48 AM by pach »

sweetpink_plush

Re: Nakapagsimba ka na ba sa mga simbahan ng ibang relihyion?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
yeah.

sabi nung cousin ko manonood lang raw kami blah, dinala niya ako sa church nila. errr. i was just standing at the back. lol. i actually didn't listen to their pastor. haha.

when we were in indonesia i wanted to enter a Mosque but my dad saw me and pinigilan niya ako lol

purpLegummie

• jellybean
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »
ndi pa..puro kasal lang..kasal ng mormons, baptist..
my blog|my thread
too young to be in love, but old enough to give love

Glyzza

• gummi bear
  • Crazy and spontaneous! <3
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
 :(

hindi pa.. pero parang gusto kong i- try...

Bawal ba yung pach?
State of Grace

pach

• jawbreaker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
pwede, pwedeng pwede.. well, pagka Roman Catholic ka, pwede bumisita. heheh

melverss

• chocolate rocks
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »
hey pach-kiyaw!! hahaahah...

Me naman, Im ROman  Catholic but i have weekly bible study in our village which is led by Protestant pastors... they're our family friend din kse and it''s a nice way of knowing the truth of the Bible. Ofcourse, without endangering naman the teachings of the Catholic church.. hehehe.. medyo bad boy lang ako ngyon bro... well not really, part din cguro of growing up.. hahahahah... what a reason e no?hahahahah

anabeatrice

• sugar drops
  • 16 year old toddler :D
    • overused pencils
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »

hey pach!
i  have!
I am an Iglesia Ni Cristo member & i have been going to some Catholic Churches mostly because of my schools or weddings ng mga friends or relatives ko na Catholic
it's great to hear na interested ka magtry magvisit sa church namin ;)
oh yea!
sometimes there are projects sa Church na specialy for non-members
they're called "Pamamahayags" so if ever you hear about having them in a local near you, it's good to try attending to them  :)
don't chase a dream.
hop on and ride it.

Milliardo

• cotton candy
  • Deacon
    • Free Discussion
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 01:14:09 AM »
Pach, andun pa ba yung foreigners na born again malapit sa place ninyo?  ;D Scottish Rite Temple along Taft--I don't think you can enter it without being invited by a Mason, so it would be hard unless you have any intention of being a Mason. lol

As for the others--SSPX, I don't see any reason not to go to the Tridentine Mass. Since the moto proprio of Pope Benedict XVI has failed to generate much interest here in the Philippines, then the only real alternative is to go to the SSPX Tridentine Mass. INC--as long as you don't fall for their indoctrination. Maybe we could make a visit one Thursday if you're free?  ;D

Mosque--there are quite a few places here in Metro Manila, none of which I know to be quite a safe place to go to unless you're very familiar with the environment. Nothing against Muslims--it has more to do with the neighborhood the mosques are in.
More honourable than the Cherubim, and far glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim. Without defilement, you gave birth to God the Word. True Theotokos, we magnify you.

pach

• jawbreaker
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 02:44:54 AM »
sige bro, payag ako INC  :D

tapos dalhin natin ung mga Augustinians! hahahahah

onga pala, Chrismation mo pala bukas.

I congratulate you brother, and i hope you go on with The Faith  :)

ill try to come tomorow ok?

Milliardo

• cotton candy
  • Deacon
    • Free Discussion
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 03:21:07 AM »
Yes, it is my Chrismation later. Holy Orthodoxy has called at last. In a sense it makes me a complete Catholic.  ;D 
More honourable than the Cherubim, and far glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim. Without defilement, you gave birth to God the Word. True Theotokos, we magnify you.

catherine_88

• cotton candy
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 05:14:25 AM »

yeah. my best friend is a iglesia ni cristo member. and every friday they have bible study.
if i have time i always go. it's really interesting

There's always a wild side to an innocent face!"

harlotloca

• jellybean
  • .he got me.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »
yep. yung sa mga 4thwatch. kasi christian school yun school ko, soo. before i graduated, nagsimba ako dun. soo far. dun pa lang. okay naman. natuwa nga ko e. iba siya sa catholic. :)
GELC<br />her majesty

mapi18

• jellybean
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »
yeap. born again christians. they are nice people.
[/font][/size][/color]

pach

• jawbreaker
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »

hey pach!
i  have!
I am an Iglesia Ni Cristo member & i have been going to some Catholic Churches mostly because of my schools or weddings ng mga friends or relatives ko na Catholic
it's great to hear na interested ka magtry magvisit sa church namin ;)
oh yea!
sometimes there are projects sa Church na specialy for non-members
they're called "Pamamahayags" so if ever you hear about having them in a local near you, it's good to try attending to them  :)

Oh really? then that is cool.

I'd appreciate that sis, thanks  ;D. Saan ang lokal mo?  :)

book_luver

• taffy
  • ♥♥~sweet 'n spicy~♥♥
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »
yay... sa born again po... para po siyang concert... bat ganun hehe  ???
Changes in life start when you...

DECIDE.

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Hey, Dani Girl

by: guest, 2014-07-21

Usually when I talk about musicals, it’s an incoherent mess of ASDFGHJKL, so I'm considering this my first attempt at fangirling using actual words. Amidst the motley of romanticized...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved