Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Chat with fellow Candy girls in the sweetest channel online—ChitChat!

Author Topic: Debutants Thread: Questions, advices, suggestions, etc. [Merged]  (Read 489016 times)

verafaye18

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
Re: Debutants Thread: Questions, advices, suggestions, etc. [Merged]
« Reply #3630 on: November 01, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »
Hi guys ! I'm back again.. Naging busy magtatapos na kasi ang 1st sem. :) I already have a preferred caterer but hindi pa ako nag papabook kasi wala pang venue, photographer and lights nd sounds meron na. Doable na nga ang 200k. We thought it's kulang. Girls do you have any idea how much is the debut package of The Palms Country Club in Alabang? no need for sponsorship, they're open naman in public.

DirekVM

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3631 on: November 05, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
I'm so glad I found this thread because I have been looking for someone (or somewhere) to rant about my debut (which will be 2 years from now. Hahaha!)

I've never wanted a debut. I mean, really. I wanted to save all the flowers and gowns and dancing for my wedding (which, for me, seems far more magical).

But everything changed when the fire nation attacked...

Everything changed when I attended the debut of a friend--my first ever. So then I thought it could be awesome to be the star of the night.  :D And since I was the only daughter, I realized that it would make my parents tons happy. So I'm kind of deciding to maybe do a legit "wild" party (without the alcohol)  :D at a resort-like house that I really want to rent if ever this pushes through. You know, just lights, music, not-really-dancing  ;D ; maybe a live band.

But still, I want to cross out gowns... and the dancing with my dad. I want to save that for my wedding. Haha!

Still thinking about the 18 stuff, especially the 18 roses. I have sooo many guy friends (actual platonic friends) that I could dance with, but I don't want to do that without dancing with my dad, too! This, dear sisters, is my dilemma.

Suggestions?  :)

PS. Reading replies on this thread is making me excited! (I haven't even told my parents about my plans)
FOUND. SAVED. BLESSED.

tamika-kun

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3632 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Hi DirekVM! Welcome to the world of party planning *congrazzles*

I've been seeing more debuts having the hype/club-type of theme. Just recently, someone I know had DJ Callum David play for their party. The theme was ethereal, and it was really more of the bar-type party with no fuss, more dancing (and drinking), cocktail food and stuff. She still had a band though. Also, you might want to consider first a few things like your budget, estimated number of guests and location.

With the 18 roses, how about instead of doing a waltz with each one of them, why don't you try dancing as a whole group, like the ones in boy bands :))

heyspacebits

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3633 on: November 10, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
hi, i will be having my debut on march 2014. do you guys know any venues near muntinlupa and san pedro areas? and our budget is only 70k for the venue, food, and everything. hope you can help me cause this is so stressful! :'(

tamika-kun

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3634 on: November 10, 2013, 07:09:28 PM »
hi, i will be having my debut on march 2014. do you guys know any venues near muntinlupa and san pedro areas? and our budget is only 70k for the venue, food, and everything. hope you can help me cause this is so stressful! :'(

Hi heyspacebits! I'd like to help, but would you mind telling us your theme/ideas for the party and number of people invited if ever. :)

FOOD

With a limited budget, I'd recommend you to have a cocktail type of party. They start much later than the traditional parties (think 7pm registration time, around 8pm party proper). With this, you'd skip the hassle of serving a full course meal. For food and drinks, you can have pica pica (sliders, chips), cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks. If you have spare cash, a mobile bar would be recommended.

INVITES

You can either DIY simple invites or make an event in Facebook. The latter  would be less of a hassle since you can see who's RSVP-ed for the event. RSVP-ing is important cause it lets you see and estimate how many guests you would need to accommodate on the day.

VENUE

As for the venue, I do not really know much of affordable venues around the areas you've mentioned, but I would recommend venues at Tomas Morato's The Lounge.

The Lounge
243 Bellagio Square, Scout Fuentebella St. corner Tomas Morato, Quezon City
Open from Monday-Sunday 8am – 5am
Capacity: 100-150 pax
https://www.facebook.com/theloungetomasmorato
You can look at the packages they have here: http://redxclusive.com/lounge-rates-and-packages/

Here's my calculation

Package C - Saturday - 35,000 consumable on food and drinks
Venue Rental - 5,000
Photographer - 2,500
Videographer  - 4,500
Emcee - 2,500 [Or you can have someone you know who hosts well]
Photobooth (2 hours) - 4,500
Mobile Bar (3 hours for 80-100 pax) - 13,000
Invites - Online
Attire - 3,000
Decor - DIY
TOTAL COST = 70,000 :)

Note:
If you think having a videographer is a 'nice to have,' you can exchange that for cake + more budget for your attire or decor. Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:21:40 PM by tamika-kun »

xoxothirteen

« Reply #3635 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
Hi everyone! I'd like to ask kung meron kayong alam na photo/videographer na hindi mahal. Hehe. I want a full video coverage kasi sana, karamihan kasi sa nakikita ko edited video lang, so yeah kung may alam kayo na maganda ung kuha but not expensive share share din pag may time? Hehe :)

I'll be having my debut on July 2014. Plans palang sya ngaun and nagiipon din ako, back to zero cause i donated my money. Anyways, What's the average cost to hold a party? Ayaw ng parents ko gumastos ng masyadong mahal eh. XD Naiintindihan ko naman side nila kasi nga naman we need to pay for our plane tickets since we're coming from California pa. So ayun, I'm trying to have a cheap party and make it look fancy. Lol

This is my plan so far:

Theme: Princess/Fairytale
Colors: Pink and Gold
Venue: Makati Parks and Garden- 5,000
Catering: Kubiertos- 48,000/150 pax
Cake: I'm thinking of Croquembouche nalang. Mas cheap kasi kesa sa two/three-layered fondant cake na one layer lang edible. So, Happy Cream Puff- 3,500
Mobile bar: Sersan Events- 11,000
Photobooth: Hot Pink Photobooth- 5,000 for 2 hrs.
Invitations: Scroll invites by Pimp Ur Invites- Free! ^_^ Business ng sister ko. :)
Souvenirs: Pocket bac sanitizer from Bath & Body Works- around 5,000?
Signature Frame: I'm thinking of having a wishing tree instead of the frame.
Gown: My boyfriend's uncle is a fashion designer in Dubai, sya daw magde-design ng gown ko so kailangan ko pa maghanap ng gagawa sa Manila. Then, I'm thinking of having another dress na RTW nalang. Pwede din rent? Hehe.

I'm having 18 knights, 18 wishes, 18 treasures. And 18 shots? Pero hindi ba boring yung apat na 18s? Sa souvenirs, ok lang ba kung sanitizer? XD yun lang kasi ung hindi na kailangan ng too much work. Ilalagay nalang sa clear plastic then papagawa ng personalized ribbon.

I know there's a big possibility na tumaas yung prices kaya naghahanap parin ako ng cheaper. If you guys have suggestions I'd love to know about it. Thanks! :)

hoshiii

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3636 on: November 25, 2013, 12:36:47 AM »
Hi everyone! I'd like to ask kung meron kayong alam na photo/videographer na hindi mahal. Hehe. I want a full video coverage kasi sana, karamihan kasi sa nakikita ko edited video lang, so yeah kung may alam kayo na maganda ung kuha but not expensive share share din pag may time? Hehe :)

I'll be having my debut on July 2014. Plans palang sya ngaun and nagiipon din ako, back to zero cause i donated my money. Anyways, What's the average cost to hold a party? Ayaw ng parents ko gumastos ng masyadong mahal eh. XD Naiintindihan ko naman side nila kasi nga naman we need to pay for our plane tickets since we're coming from California pa. So ayun, I'm trying to have a cheap party and make it look fancy. Lol

This is my plan so far:

Theme: Princess/Fairytale
Colors: Pink and Gold
Venue: Makati Parks and Garden- 5,000
Catering: Kubiertos- 48,000/150 pax
Cake: I'm thinking of Croquembouche nalang. Mas cheap kasi kesa sa two/three-layered fondant cake na one layer lang edible. So, Happy Cream Puff- 3,500
Mobile bar: Sersan Events- 11,000
Photobooth: Hot Pink Photobooth- 5,000 for 2 hrs.
Invitations: Scroll invites by Pimp Ur Invites- Free! ^_^ Business ng sister ko. :)
Souvenirs: Pocket bac sanitizer from Bath & Body Works- around 5,000?
Signature Frame: I'm thinking of having a wishing tree instead of the frame.
Gown: My boyfriend's uncle is a fashion designer in Dubai, sya daw magde-design ng gown ko so kailangan ko pa maghanap ng gagawa sa Manila. Then, I'm thinking of having another dress na RTW nalang. Pwede din rent? Hehe.

I'm having 18 knights, 18 wishes, 18 treasures. And 18 shots? Pero hindi ba boring yung apat na 18s? Sa souvenirs, ok lang ba kung sanitizer? XD yun lang kasi ung hindi na kailangan ng too much work. Ilalagay nalang sa clear plastic then papagawa ng personalized ribbon.

I know there's a big possibility na tumaas yung prices kaya naghahanap parin ako ng cheaper. If you guys have suggestions I'd love to know about it. Thanks! :)

Try Daze of Forever Photography :) Sila nag-cover ng debut ng isang friend ko. I think Photo/Video with predebut plus other freebies P9,000 . :)

http://theunwillingdebutante.wordpress.com
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:08:38 AM by hoshiii »

verafaye18

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3637 on: November 27, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »

Hi You might want to check out 19 east bar in sucat
May mga quotations ako from some hotels in Alabang and Tagaytay. Sa mga Catering Services din (Town's Delight and Juan Carlo) wanna see it?

hoshiii

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3638 on: December 11, 2013, 02:30:04 PM »
Hi guys!  :) :)

Sino nang naka-try ng Albergus and Verleo as caterer?
Medyo torn kasi ako sa dalawa.
If mag-a-Albergus plus La Piazza Events Place ako (Diliman, QC)
or Verleo Catering plus Tierra Pura Clubhouse (Tandang Sora, QC).  :-\

http://theunwillingdebutante.wordpress.com/

tamika-kun

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3639 on: December 27, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
Hi guys! Do you have any suggestions for songs for 18 roses? Unfortunately, my playlist is too punk rock, and it doesn't exactly match a slow dance :)) thanks!

wonderland

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3640 on: March 22, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »
Hi girls~ :)

I'm new here. I actually made this account just to ask questions and suggestions regarding my non-existent debut party. Non-existent kasi hindi pa nagbibigay ng 'go signal' ang parents ko kung bibigyan ba nila ako ng debut party o hindi. My eldest sister had hers last January 2010 while my second sister only had a small house party (kasi ayaw niya ng debut party) during her 18th birthday.

I'm celebrating my 18th birthday on September pa naman kaya marami pang time. They usually plan debut parties in minimum of 3 months, right? Kaya hindi muna ako nagtatanong about sa kung anong balak ng parents ko sa 18th birthday ko, at hindi ko pa din sinasabi sa kanila 'yung plano ko.  ;) AND, money is a huge issue at home right now.  :'(

I already planned my own debut party all by myself. The theme, the venue, the 18 sets, and the program. My big problem is the date. My target date is actually 43 days after my real birthday. Hindi ba masyadong malayo? LOL. I picked that date because I'm sure my HS friends will be able to make time to attend it that day. Sila ata ang most prioritized sa guest list ko (I just love them so much).  :D

About sa venue, since taga-MaNa ako (CaMaNaVa), I want to pick a venue na hindi masyadong malayo sa bahay namin (tho transportation is not a problem since we have a car). Pero 'yung mga bisita ko kasi ang inaalala ko. Ayokong bumyahe pa sila ng malayo para lang sa debut party ko. I already have a venue on my mind which is Mary Ann's Garden in Malabon City (sobrang bagay kasi siya sa theme na napili ko). Sabi ng teacher ko na nag-celebrate ng debut party dun 'yung anak niya last year, 90K daw ang price (catering included). Do you think it's already affordable? Pero hindi ko kasi alam kung anu-ano pa 'yung mga kasama dun sa 90K.

For my outfit, ako mismo ang nag-design ng susuotin ko (MMA student here!). Sana kapag pinagawa na namin, magaya ng mananahi 'yung design ko. Any suggestions kung saan mura at maganda magpatahi?  ::)

About the photo and video coverage, I already had one in mind also, which is Studio1 Photography  and Video. Meron na bang nakapag-hire sa kanila dito? 'Yung elementary friend ko kasi 'yan 'yung ni-hire nila on her debut party at sobrang na-impress ako sa mga pictures at video nila. May kakilala 'yung Mama ko na ganyan ang business, kaso ayokong kunin 'yun kasi na-disappoint ako nung nakita ko 'yung mga pictures namin during my Ate's debut party. At 'yung video coverage ng debut party ng Ate ko na naka-DVD, ayaw nang ma-play after 4 years. Sayang talaga 'yun.

Pagdating sa invitations, tho I want to have a grand invitation (with the names of the people included in the 18 sets), parang mas gusto ko na lang ng mas simpleng invitation. Saan ba mura at maganda magpagawa ng invitations?

I cannot remember kung magkano 'yung nagastos nila sa debut party ng Ate ko last 2010. Magkahiwalay 'yung bayad sa venue niya at catering services. Hindi ko kasi alam kung tama ba 'yung narinig ko na 400K which is too pricey compared to her actual debut party. Baka 40K lang? Pero parang masyado naman maliit 'yun? Well, napakagaling kasi ng Mama ko pagdating sa pagtitipid.

During second semester, I was able to save my allowance up to almost 10K. Hindi ko alam kung saan siya gagastusin right now kaya tinabi ko muna sa bangko. Gusto ko sanang gamitin sa sarili kong luho, kaso parang nakaka-guilty kesa gamitin ko na lang sa debut party ko.

The only reason why I want to have my own debut party is because it's a once in a lifetime chance. Kinausap na ako dati ng Papa ko about sa 18th birthday ko. Sabi niya, kung gusto ko daw ng debut party, tumulong daw ako sa pagtitipid ng pera (which I actually did).

So, I hope I'll receive help from my fellow girls here! Gusto ko talagang makatipid pero nandun pa din 'yung feel na napaka-special ng magiging debut party ko. Thank you~ :)

- Kristine. ;)

PS: My questions are bold.

xoxothirteen

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3641 on: May 02, 2014, 11:31:59 AM »
Hi everyone! :) Meron po ba sa inyo may alam kung saan pwede mag pagawa ng gowns? or even rental? I've heard of Made-to-Rent din, meron ba talaga nun? Thanks! :)

santosromelyn

• sugar drops
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3642 on: May 30, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »
4 months nalang debut ko na omg i'll start finding all the resources next month and my photoshoot on july :-) thank God our class starts on july 2nd week :-)

Demonette

• chocolate rocks
  • I got 99 problems but you won't be one.
« Reply #3643 on: August 27, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
Hello. Is there anybody here who celebrated their debut na? Gusto ko sanang humingi ng ideas. Any ideas will do like for the theme, colors and etc. Kasi ngayon palang ako magsisimula so nangangapa pa ko. I wanted to have a coordinator/planner sana pero tingin ko mas maganda na yung worry free na packages? Yung all in! My mom thinks that one is better kasi less hassle. We don't have to hunt the suppliers needed. I want my debut to be classy and elegant nga pala. May alam ba kayong nagooffer ng ganun? Thank you sa sasagot. I'll really appreciate it. My budget is 100k to 150k nga pala do you think that's enough para sa lahat including P/V coverage (save-the-date-video, predebut shoot and SDE) or ambitious lang ang peg XD Thanks! Btw, March 1 2015 pa naman yung date so I have a reaallllllly long time to think.[/size]

xoxothirteen

• chocolate rocks
  • TeenTalker
« Reply #3644 on: October 13, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »
Hello. Is there anybody here who celebrated their debut na? Gusto ko sanang humingi ng ideas. Any ideas will do like for the theme, colors and etc. Kasi ngayon palang ako magsisimula so nangangapa pa ko. I wanted to have a coordinator/planner sana pero tingin ko mas maganda na yung worry free na packages? Yung all in! My mom thinks that one is better kasi less hassle. We don't have to hunt the suppliers needed. I want my debut to be classy and elegant nga pala. May alam ba kayong nagooffer ng ganun? Thank you sa sasagot. I'll really appreciate it. My budget is 100k to 150k nga pala do you think that's enough para sa lahat including P/V coverage (save-the-date-video, predebut shoot and SDE) or ambitious lang ang peg XD Thanks! Btw, March 1 2015 pa naman yung date so I have a reaallllllly long time to think.[/size]

Haiiii! :) I celebrated my debut last July. xD It was a simple one but close to 200k ung nagastos namin for just the party itself. Hindi pa included ung ibang gastos. But I think you can fit your plans into that budget kung like, cheaper materials ang gagamitin. Try to look for stylists and P/V na di pricey pero kayang kaya ung gawa na pang celebrity party. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
Get your weekly dose of Candy straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to Candy and get 15% off on your subscription!
subscribe
Get Candy on your mobile devices by subscribing to the digital version monthly!
digital version
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CANDY BLOG

Happy (almost) Halloween!

by: kaye, 2014-10-26

Fun Fact: Halloween is my favorite not-holiday. Every year, my sisters and I veg out on the couch with a gratuitous amount of candy and junk food, and a queue of classic spooky-but-not-scary...

ADVERTISEMENT
About | Advertise | Register | Contact | Subscribe
Our Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© 2013 Candymag.com, All Rights Reserved