Just in time for graduation season, JobStreet Philippines recently released a ranking based on the schools that employers source their new hires from. The survey results were from data that combined unique job postings on JobStreet.com and the responses of 644 companies, conducted from the last quarter of 2016 until February 2017.
The university rankings are as follows:
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines - 56%
- University of the Philippines - 46%
- University of Santo Tomas - 44%
- De La Salle University - 39%
- Ateneo de Manila University - 39%
- Far Eastern University - 38%
- Technological Institute of the Philippines - 37%
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila - 36%
- University of the East - 33%
- Adamson University - 27%
According to JobStreet Philippines Country Manager Philip A. Gioca, attitude, field of study, and salary are the main basis of companies for hiring fresh graduates.
His tip? "Job seekers should equip themselves with further knowledge should they want a distinct advantage in this highly competitive field."