"Consumers want to capture and share memorable experiences with their smartphone. We want to take people on a journey from capturing pictures to recording and sharing their lives." –Gary Chan, Head of Marketing Pan Asia
Last October 1, 2013 (Tuesday), Nokia launched their new "imaging super phone" the Nokia Lumia 1020 in the Philippines.
Nokia came up with a creation that puts camera first above anything else. That's why one of Lumia 1020's main highlights is its camera having the ability to produce sharpest images.
Though it's not just all about the camera that you should know, the Lumia 1020 has a lot of fascinating features. Here are just some of them:
- It's only 10mm thin, perfect enough to fit inside your pockets and have it with you everywhere you go. It's even much lighter compared to some phones from their previous collection.
- Lumia 1020 has a 41-megapixel sensor and a six lens Carl Zeiss optics with optical image stabilization allowing people to capture high quality photos whether it is taken indoors, outdoors, low light, room, etc.
- Lumia 1020 reinvents zoom. Using its new application, The New Pro Camera, it takes hi-res photos that you can zoom to discover much more details. Another thing is, it also has settings that professional cameras have such as exposure value, ISO, manual focus, and shutter speed, that will help give you a better quality outcome of the photo.
- It also has a high amplitude microphone, wherein the phone can record the sound exactly as what is coming in/ the sound in the area, whether you're in a concert or just in your favorite playground.
- It also features a downloadable HERE maps, and HERE DRIVE+ app that will serve as a GPS device. Good thing is, you won't be charged in using this app, and you don't need a WiFi connection to use this.
Nokia Lumia 1020 will be available starting on the 11th of October 2013 in selected Nokia stores, authorized retailers, and local operators. It will be available in yellow, black, and white at a price of Php 35,650 with free Nokia Camera Grip.