Modern times made us believe a bit that chivalry is dying. In buses or at the MRT, you can see guys sitting comfortably on the benches, while an old lady holds on to the handles as if they were dear life. But we believe that chivalry isn't dead. There are still guys (although they may be few), who think that being a gentleman isn't so yesterday.
There's your dad, kuya, friend, or boyfriend who may have done these things for you many times. Maybe you just failed to notice. We run down a list of the little things guys do for us that make us melt and assure us that gentlemen are still out there.
- Open doors for us. Car doors, restaurant doors, or house doors—it doesn't matter. When a guy does this for us, we feel like princesses. We feel more welcome and at ease with guys who do this.
- Compliment us. Don't get us wrong, we're not vain. But it sure sounds nice to hear a guy tell you that you're pretty, especially when you're feeling so ugly. There are these days when we feel blah (like when we're PMS-y), and guys complimenting us sure helps us get through the day.
- Buy food for us. What upsets us, aside from guy problems? Hunger. Guys who buy food for us are the best, because we don't have enough energy left in us to buy food when we're already famished.
- Check on us if we got home safely. We understand that, sometimes, guys can't bring us home themselves. When they ask us to give them a call or text them when we got home safely, we love them even more. It's a sign that they genuinely care for us so much, that they want to know we're already safe and sound in our beds.
- Fight for us us. We know that we have to learn to stand on our own feet, but there are moments when we need another hand to hold. When guys put their game faces on to protect us from whatever's making us upset, it's super touching! That's what we call Knight In Shining Armor.
Has a guy in your life done one of these things for you recently? Make sure you thank him. There are only a few gentlemen in this world, so make them feel appreciated.
What things do guys do that make you believe chivalry isn't dead, Candy Girls? Tell us about them in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom.