Dating a law student can be quite intimidating. But for girls who've tried their hand at dating one or are currently in a relationship with a future lawyer, we salute you. Being in a relationship with a law student isn't easy. It takes a ton of patience and understanding, so whether you make it through or not, you'll surely come out as a better person.
Below, we've listed down some struggles that girls who are dating a future lawyer can surely relate to. Want to add something to this list? Leave a comment below!
- They spend more time with their books and readings than with you.
Sometimes it's inspiring to see them invest their time and efforts on law school. Most of the time, it's a bit heartbreaking, especially when you just need them to be there. Notice me, please, oppa.
- They argue with you about anything and everything!
A simple conversation about the weather can sometimes turn into a serious argument about the RH Bill, women in politics, and the state of the nation.
- When you're explaining your side of the story to them, they'll start discussing what went wrong and will even point out a few reasons why you're actually being immature about this issue.
They just don't get that sometimes you just really need to rant and talk about your feelings... and you need them to listen. Just. Listen.
- You can sit still in a coffee shop with them for hours and hours.
Or try to sit still while he reads and works on law school. Why am I even here, you ask.
- You learn to deal with stress that's not your own.
He can really get upset on some days and you know it has nothing to do with you. You're tempted to get back at him and ask him why he's being so suplado (more than the usual), but you shut your mouth anyway knowing that it's not you, it's law school.
- They demand ask your help so they can practice their arguments.
Since they need to be able to discuss their ideas and the different laws in class, they would sometimes practice their arguments on you and with you. You should think about getting paid for that, srsly. LOLJK.
- You'd get a bit familiar with the different laws yourself.
Hey, education is always a good thing.
- You have to plan your dates weeks in advance.
Because he's ~*busy*~ and his whole world stops when a deadly graded recitation and even deadlier exam comes up. Come bar exam period, you'll even find yourself wondering about the status of your relationship.
- Your friends will sometimes ask you about him.
Are you his personal assistant? It feels that way sometimes because his friends (and even his family!) asks you how he's been and what he's been up to lately. They haven't been in contact with him for ages and tell you they miss him. You wish you can do something about the whole situation but you can't. Sorry, you guys.
- But at the end of the day, you're thankful that he's passionate about everything—and that includes being with you.
Things may not always be rainbows and he may not always be your unicorn (d'aww!), but he stands by you and tries his best to invest in what you have on most days so yay!
Got guy problems you want us to help you with? Leave a comment below or talk to us via Twitter @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)