It has been reported that Emma Watson is leaving Brown University and contrary to rumors of bullying, she has chosen to pursue a course that is currently not offered in the University. It wasn't disclosed which school she's transferring to but her rep added that Emma had a wonderful time at Brown.
Are you headed to a new school this June? Whether you're transferring or entering college, we're sure you're pretty nervous about the first day. Here are a few tips for adjusting to a new school.
- Be familiar. Read up about the place or ask people you know have attended the school. Where do people like to hang out? What's the "culture" like? It helps to familiarize yourself with it so you won't be shocked on the first day.
- Don't be a stranger. It's not uncommon to feel a little bit lost or confused in a new environment but there are people who would be more than willing to help you. Don't be scared to ask for directions or for clarifications. Chances are, you'll even gain a friend! :)
- Be prepared. Your old school might have certain guidelines that you've gotten used to already. While some of these might still be applicable in your new school, it helps to know what rules you should be following now.
- Don't compare. There are things that will always be better at the place where you came from but give your new school a chance! If you keep comparing everything to what you were used to, you'll never begin to like your new school!
- Don't forget. Sure, you might be saying good bye to your old school plus leaving behind some of your best friends but that doesn't mean you should forget about them. Make time to see them and even introduce them to the new friends you'll meet.
What tips do you have for fellow Candy Girls who are going to move schools? Leave your tips in the comments below! :)