It seems like every summer vacay, what-to-do and where-to-go are always a dilemma. Why not try practicing yoga?
This summer, Urban Ashram Manila launched "Project Y," a 3-month yoga program designed specifically for young adults. Project Y encourages the youth to begin their yoga journey by offering four different kinds of yoga: workout yoga, themed yoga, mixer yoga and music yoga.
To tell you how fun yoga can be, we listed some benefits you can get from practicing.
- A way to stay fit without working out. Yes, you read that right. You can stay fit by hitting the matinstead of the gym. Yoga also helps you discover yourself and know your body better.
- Relaxation for the mind and body. Meditation releases stress and it also helps you free your mind. Yoga promises inner peace.
- There is a variety. One thing that's great about yoga is that it's never boring with its many different kinds. Once you are done with one kind of yoga, you are on to the next one (we heard yoga can actually be addicting once you've tried it!)
- A new and good bonding for you and your friends. Enroll you and your friends into yoga classes and you are sure to have fun while staying healthy!
- Helps during your period. Yes, yoga can be useful during your red days. Studies show that yoga practice helps alleviate any period pain or back pain. It is also useful to balance the emotions—mood swings, anxiety, anger, and depression.
Project Y will last until June 30, and will be available to beginners aged 16 to 25 years old.