With the UPCAT happening this weekend, the college entrance exam season is officially upon us. We understand that you might be feeling anxious, but here are 5 things to remember so you don't freak out.
- Sleep early and well. Get enough rest tonight so that you wake up energized and ready to take on a full day ahead. That means no late-night TV series binge-watching, no midnight snacks, and definitely no all-night Snapchatting with your besties. You can resume after you've taken your test!
- Make sure your bag is packed. Sharpened pencils, check. Refreshments, check. Test permit, check. Get rid of any distractions in your bag. You definitely don't need the extra baggage.
- #OOTD. It might seem trivial, but what you wear is actually important. Pick it out already, so you don't go scrambling for something to put on minutes before you head out the door. Make sure it's comfortable! No airconditioning in your testing room? Skip the jacket. You definitely don't want to worry about sweating while taking your test!
- Eat just right. Don't eat anything that isn't familiar—you don't want an upset tummy moments before you sit down to take a test that's going to run half the day! But don't starve yourself either! If you're allowed to take snacks during the exam, stick to non-messy ones like crackers or nuts. And forget about bringing anything that has a strong odor! You don't want to distract other test takers with your food. Be considerate.
- Don't be late. The last thing you want is to waste all these past months of reviewing by not showing up at your testing room on time. You want to be there earlier than the testing schedule so you have time to settle in even before your proctor hands out the exam.
Good luck to everyone taking the UPCAT tomorrow. Remember, you've got this! Just answer the questions as best you can and don't panic! When it's over, give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.