"Oops, I forgot!", "Have you seen my *insert a thing here*?", "I can't remember…". These are just some on the list of dialogues that you hear from people whom incidentally forget things, names and events. What are you going to do to fight and solve this brain problem? Powerful brain boosters are recommended for you to guide what to do for forgetful and aging mind.
- 1. Eat the right kind of food. Good thing, a lot of nutrients and vitamins for the brain can easily find to the food we eat everyday. A food for the heart like Omega-3 (tuna, sardines) can also be food for the brain. It improves function of the membranes that surrounded the brain cells. Foods rich in Vitamin B6 (fish, nuts, beans, whole grains) help for memorization, perception and reasoning. Vitamin A (eggs, dairy products and dark or yellow vegetables) has been found to stimulate brain cells in the hippocampus. Vitamin E (leafy greens, nuts, seeds) helps to amplify concentration and retain information. There are tons of good source for the brain but nothing beats with the balanced diet of natural fruits and veggies.
- Hit the gym or enroll your favorite sport. The importance of working out is not just for a healthy and fit body but for the brain as well. While you are busy sweating yourself, you just don't lose weight but it gain more cells in the brain area which improve your learning and memory skill. A recent study conducted by Cognitive scientist Ruth Day that a physical movement like dance can sharpen one's memory. "During a dance performance, you're seeing something wonderful - it's like a stream that flows by, but then it's gone," she says. "If people can remember it better, they can continue to appreciate it later."
- Rule the game. There is nothing wrong on playing children's games like board games, puzzle, video games etc. In fact it helps the brain structure neutral pathways, carrying on your gray matter in shape. It also alleviates diseases such as Alzheimer's. Both young and old are entitled to play anything they want. Roy Santos, 57 shares "I keep playing puzzle games to enhance my memory."
- Load your brain with new information. Try to learn a new word or language. Check best-selling books which will help feed your mind with vast knowledge. It is good for the brain to be curious and wonder things why it happens. It helps widen your imagination and improve your memory. You learn something new at the same time; it contributes to power up the brain function.
- Laughter is the best medicine. Studies show that laughing improves the brain function. It releases endorphins and other positive chemical into your bloodstream. Try laughing as a feel-good habit. It stimulates both sides of the brain which can also enhance learning. Instead of worrying your problems, try to laugh at your problems for a stress-free and healthy lifestyle.
- Take a break. Get some plenty of sleep at least 6-8 hours day. Neuroscientists have found that during the time you are asleep is an advantage which helps your memory and learning skill. The time you wake up with a good sleep helps you to work more and longer.
Before it's too late, practice these things and make it as a routine. It can greatly contribute to lessen the damage of your brain. You probably don't want to reach the time that you hardly remember everything. The clock is ticking. Start working out your brain and you would not regret it in the future.