Archive for the 'Candy Rap' Category
You might remember Robin Thicke from his collab with Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester on her track “Somebody To Love.” But my favorite Thicke track is from his 2006 release, “Lost Without You.” Although some of his lyric choices can be questionable (haha), I absolutely love his voice. Some people have gone as far as calling him the second coming of Marvin Gaye. I think it’s because he can turn any song instantly sexy.
Take for example Icona Pop’s “I Love It,” a fave around here at the Candy HQ. Typically dance-y track that has been used and abused on every other TV promo on air. Then Thicke goes and does his thing and it turns into this:
Crazy, right? It sounds like an entirely different song! And pun intended, I love it!
Just last Friday, Pretty Much Amazing (one of my fave music sites to troll) posted Vampire Weekend‘s kind-of-awesome cover of Thicke’s bordering-on-offensive (see: previously mentioned questionable lyric choices) summer jam, “Blurred Lines” from BBC’s Radio 1 Live Lounge.
I’ve been listening to it all weekend, heheheyyy!
What tracks have you been listening to constantly lately? Do you have a favorite Robin Thicke tune? I’d love to know!
PHOTO MCA MUSIC
Guess who dropped by the Candy HQ last week? Judging by the loud, high-pitched screams, you’d think it was the boys of One Direction. But no… our special guests were none other than these super cute minions!
Jerry and Stuart (yes, the minions have names) surprised us with a dance number to the tune of Psy’s “Gentleman” and even took some photos with us. Who has the best minion face in this picture?
If you want to see more of these adorable minions, watch Despicable Me 2—now showing in theaters nationwide!
Not yet convinced? Check out the trailer below:
See you at the cinema!
A few years ago, on a road trip to the beach, a friend made me listen to the off-Broadway recording of The Last Five Years. After that, I was obsessed! Written by Jason Robert Brown (who also did 13), it tells the story of a young couple, Cathy and Jamie. The unique thing about it? They each tell their story from opposite ends of the spectrum: Jamie from the beginning and Cathy from the end. They meet somewhere in the middle during the wedding.
So imagine my excitement when news broke out that Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect) was doing the movie with Jeremy Jordan (Smash). Thanks to Twitter and Instagram, we’ve been getting sneak peeks of the movie that’s set to be released next year.
Haven’t seen any videos of either character singing songs from the musical, but here’s one of Lea Salonga rehearsing “Still Hurting.”
What about you? What movie are you super excited to see?
I’ll be the first to admit how much of a slave I am to the Internet. Friends tease me that I can find a WiFi connection anywhere, sometimes even in the middle of nowhere. There’s this constant need to stay connected and to know everything. I’d like to think it comes with the job, being the managing editor of a website, but I’ve slowly been trying to detach myself. That is until the wonderful world of Instagram stalking, or what we like to call instalking.
You know how you’re just browsing your Instagram feed and then clicking on random people liking or commenting on a certain photo and two hours later, you’ve browsed till the very first photo of someone you don’t even know. Haha!
We think it’s awesome to see what goes on behind the scenes right before they step onstage or go on air. And you guys are pretty lucky, because back when we were in high school, seeing celebrities in their unguarded moments (like sharing a laugh with friends, goofing off with their siblings, or flashing a wacky face) was quite rare. You discover that they do the same everyday, ordinary things that you do. And doesn’t that make you admire them even more?
Who do you guys stalk on Instagram? Don’t forget to stalk, erm, follow us @candymagdotcom!
When I get asked what I do for a living, I usually say they pay me to surf. That’s half-kidding and half-truth. When I’m not writing, editing, or uploading stories, I’m usually online surfing for story ideas or for interesting stuff to feature on the website. Then there is that blackhole that is YouTube. I surf different channels for entertainment news or tutorials. But sometimes, I get sidetracked and end up clicking related videos until I find a gem like this video:
I love Ed Sheeran (and not just because he write songs for One Direction, heh) and was pleasantly surprised at this cover of Blackstreet’s “No Diggity.” I also really liked the version they did on Pitch Perfect. Aca-awesome! It’s one of those songs that reminds me of high school (oh no, I’m old. Hahaha!).
What YouTube discoveries have you had lately? Share them with me in the comments below so I can point my browser that way!
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
- 10. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- Online Shopping [Merged]
Almost all my online shopping comes from Amazon. Read more
Posted on Today at 04:24:39 am
- The Book that made you a Bookworm
Quote from: pink_chiklet78 on December 06, 2013, 10:53:11 am Then 50 shades of Grey. LOL that's a first. Read more
Posted on Today at 04:23:08 am
- What do you splurge on?
Original DVD boxed sets or special edition sets. Read more
Posted on Today at 04:21:58 am
- Me and the Creative Corner! *(The Making of EVER AFTER) Chapter 2* UP!
Ate Paula!! hindi ko alam kung natatandaan mo ako, pero kung hindi okay lang din! mangungulit ulit ako para matandaan mo ako. le... Read more
Posted on Today at 01:13:15 am
- If Only I Could Be
Chapter 1.Someone’s POV“Ian, I love you babe”Ringggg!!!&nb sp;I woke up with sweats all over my body. Here I am again. This feel... Read more
Posted on December 06, 2013, 10:26:19 pm