Archive for the 'Bond, Girl!' Category
Rainy days are slowly easing their way into our sunny days. Was lucky to have traveled to two islands this summer! Here are a few snapshots from my two trips. I can’t wait till I can go back and be by the ocean. It really is one of my happiest places on earth!
Where did you go this summer? Let’s swap travel postcards (you can upload yours on Snaps!). (:
When it comes to trying out something for the first time, I’m almost always excited, happy, anxious, and just a little nervous and I think most people have felt the same way at least once. In recent weeks I’ve been blessed enough to be able to do and try things for the very first time. Some of them seemed a little scary at first but I’m glad I never said no, not once. In fact, these firsts of mine have become my happy thoughts on not so good days. Before I blab on too much, here’s the reason I’ve been quite giddy lately…
I was able to meet both Troian Bellisario and Partick Adams thanks to this oh-so-awesome job. The cherries on top of it all? I was able to take these photos with them and even work with one of them. How cool is that?
I got to style my very first fashion editorial! It was such a great experience and I can’t wait to share more of it! For now, just keep logging on to Candy to see what I’m talking about.
With the March issue out, I was able to see and feel my very first article on the magazine with Macy and Patty! It’s a definite bonus that I had loads of fun looking for really cool fashion and beauty sites. Want to see more of the web special? Make sure to grab a copy (forgive my shameless plugs hehe).
Speaking of Macy and Patty, here we are at the Candy Staff shoot—my first ever since I joined the team back in July of last year! It was super fun getting all dolled up with my favorite girls.
Lastly, I had the pleasure of contributing to one of the sites I constantly visit. What I liked about it was that I was able to write about something I’ve really been into lately—sneakers!
Those five are definitely on top of my list of happy thoughts lately and they keep me thinking positive. If you’re not having a good day, week, or month, try listing down all the things that make you happy and think about what you wanna do for the first time and go for it! I promise you, a smile will magically appear on your face.
Well, technically, it was Angel who learned how to cook—and we taught her! She’s getting married this month and Ines (I’m pretty sure you remember her) had a brilliant idea of throwing her a cooking shower. We all brought out our favorite recipes to show Angel how to make them. Steph made a lovely cook book so Angel can recreate what we did last Saturday afternoon. It was super fun: food, drinks, and lots of kwento in between.
Here’s a little video I put together with scenes from the Cooking Show(er) as so aptly coined by Marla. (:
Got any fun and easy recipes to share? Leave a link in the comment area below!
With my sister’s family visiting the country, I’ve appointed myself as their official tour guide and fun generator. This means taking them to exciting places, making them try new dishes, and giving them one-of-a-kind experiences worth sharing with their friends back in Canada. So far, two of my best moments with them include ziplining over trees in Tagaytay (my sister let out a shriek of terror while Jared enjoyed looking down!) and having a beach encounter with a dolphin in Subic (one of my lifelong dreams!).
Can you suggest where I should take them or what I should do with them next? Feel free to share below!
I’m always excited about making things with my hands. From cookies to friendship bracelets to nail art, I’ve always been drawn to crafty things.
Last year, I joined a watercolor crafternoon with Life After Breakfast‘s Alessa Lanot. It was tons of fun so I was looking forward to joining another one. Luckily, last weekend, Alessa together with Hey Kessy‘s Mansy Abesamis had a rubbercut crafternoon at Fully Booked. Was so thrilled when Alessa signed me up (I kept forgetting to do it myself, haha!).
We each got a kit that included carving tools, rubber blocks, and paper.
We drew our designs on tracing paper so we could transfer it easily onto our rubber blocks.
Of course I had to make a cupcake. I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to carve out those swirls for the frosting! Here was my first cut—I could barely breathe while carving!
I managed to finish it just in time.
And lookie! I also made one of my “brand” to put on my baked goodies. What do you think? I love that it looks a little rough and imperfect.
Here are two of my seatmates getting tips from Alessa.
And here’s my other seatmate who won with her awesome 3-layer friendship bracelet stamp. She’s the bracelet master behind Berry Books’ The Friendship Bracelet Book (do you have a copy?).
I had so much fun that I tried making another stamp while waiting for the coding window the other day. One of my favorite furry fashionistas (okay, my only favorite furry fashionista) in V-Day mode. So excited to make more!
What about you? What have you tried making lately? (: If you’re interested in joining crafternoons too, sign up here!
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Tweak My Style: Prom Fashion Edition
- 7. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- May 2012 Features | Make Over Your Life
Ayus asyusin ang sarili Read more
Posted on December 08, 2013, 10:26:56 pm
- Guy Feelings 101 | March 2012
Girls are emotionally stronger than boys. They're sensitive to what girls say, especially to the ones they like Read more
Posted on December 08, 2013, 10:25:17 pm
- Relationships | December 2009
Just accept and move on. Mas may magandang bagay ba diyan. Read more
Posted on December 08, 2013, 10:22:36 pm
- Guys: Truth or Consequence? | December 2010
I'd take the risk to do anything, just not everything, especially kung alam kong hindi maganda Read more
Posted on December 08, 2013, 10:21:10 pm
- Boys' Deeds Decoded | January-February 2012
I want to know if their happy or sad Read more
Posted on December 08, 2013, 10:19:18 pm