Day in the Life of Candy
Archive for the 'Beauty & Trends' Category
Wondering where to get your shop on this summer? Look no further than the newly minted Bershka, which happens to be the brainchild of Spanish, fast-fashion supergroup Inditex (see also: ZARA, Stradivarius, Pull & Bear).
At the launch of their new Glorietta branch, I had the chance to sit down with 3 of their special guests to get the inside scoop on the brand.
DJ Eve Speciall, Begona Munoz (Head of Communications), and DJ Prince Pelayo
How did you decide to pick this spot as the first Bershka branch in the Philippines?
Begona Munoz: Bershka doesn’t place ads, so finding a great location like this one, especially when opening in a new market, acts as our ad. It’s all about location!
What do you love about Bershka as a brand?
DJ Prince Pelayo: I love the fact that it’s so accessible in the way that it connects to young people. I remember when I was a teenager, I’d buy Bershka in my home city because I felt that it connected with my taste, not only in fashion but in music.
DJ Eve Speciall: For me it’s about being able to constantly update your wardrobe without putting too much of a dent in your wallet as well. Always having pieces that are really current… It’s a one-stop shop for just about anything. They have some formal pieces and casual pieces that you can easily mix and match.
Who is the Bershka Girl?
Begona Munoz: The Bershka girl is very independent. She is very in tune with the things that she wants and she loves to shop with her friend. In a word, she is fearless.
Bershka is located at the Ground Floor of the new Glorietta.
Ah, summer! These sweltering days give us an excuse to: a) bust out and wear colorful tank tops and shorts, b) eat an obscene amount of ice cream, c) take a dip in the pool, or d) all of the above. This summer, I’ll definitely be stashing these items in my overnight bag if and when I hit the beach again.
1) I’m loving the light, non-greasy consistency of Ocean Potion Face SPF 45. I hate having white streaks on my face when I soak in the water (yikes!), and this brand definitely did not do that.
2) When I wore my royal blue bikini set for the first time, I was so happy to see that it matched the deep blue waters of Sumilon.
3) Flip-flops with thin straps (like this animal-printed Havaianas) are perfect for long walks by the shore. I can’t stand it when the straps bite into my chubby feet (haha!).
4) Whether they’re disposable or digital, underwater cameras are definitely the best water companions!
5) Lugging around my iPad Mini gives me an excuse to post Instagram-worthy pictures in a snap.
What about you? What are your beach must-haves?
In a perfect world, I’d get a blow out every day. Put on sunnies, slick on my brightest lippie, and feel like a celebrity. Haha but we live in the real world, and unfortunately, I have to do my own blow drying, which is essentially just me pointing the blow drier at my wet hair until it eventually dries.
But through the years, I’ve managed to find ways to keep my unruly mane, uh, ruly (?). Haha!
- Shampoo every other day. It sounds gross and it sometimes is when my roots get extra oily (dry shampoo to the rescue!). But I’ve noticed that my hair isn’t as dry as it was before I adapted this habit. My sneaky way to hiding my oily roots? Braids! I just braid my bangs to the side of my head and I totally look like I shampooed. Hehe.
- Products. I used to think that putting tons of product would help me weigh down my buhaghag hair, but really, what I was doing was just letting all the gunk pile up and clog my scalp. These days I go with a drop of serum right after I get out of the shower and scrunch it up all over my hair. This helps keep my hair nourished even with my constant use of heat tools.
- Regular trims. I always visit my favorite stylist at least once every two months to get a trim. Sometimes it’s just half an inch (especially now that I’m growing my hair), but I really think it helps keep my hair healthy.
What about you? How do you take care of your tresses? Are you thinking of doing something major to it? Let’s share hair stories!
Ever since I started to learn how to put on makeup (thanks to my oh-so-helpful and pretty cousins), I’ve been slowly but surely getting interested in the world of beauty…products. From all the cute makeup products to informative and pretty beauty blogs to fun hair tutorials, I’ve definitely been a sucker for anything that can help a girl look her best.
Which is why I was definitely excited to attend the BYS Spring and Summer collection launch because I would be able to feed my hunger for everything beauty! My favorite part of the event? We were able to play around with the entire collection first hand! We even had our own little makeup stations for us to apply and tinker around with all the lipsticks, eyeshadows, bronzers, and many more.
Here’s a few photos to sum up this fun-filled, makeup day!
Our very own makeup station filled with lots of goodies
Blush and lipsticks galore
Funky neon eyeliner
I wanted to take it all home!
This month marks the beginning of a new (and hopefully long) relationship. Let me start off by saying that I’m the type of girl who believes in forever—the type who won’t give away an old ratty, stinky shirt because of the memories it has witnessed through the years. When it comes to gadgets, I feel exactly the same way. I hold on to a cell phone until the keyboard has literally collapsed from the pressure of my Mercury retrograde-charged fingers. To this day, I still have my first iPod Photo tucked away in one of my drawers. If it wasn’t for its unresponsive click wheel, I
think know I would still be using it (which would surely illicit a snort of laughter from my more up-to-date techie friends).
Now that I’ve found a new gadget to call my own (it has been dubbed… the iPad Mimi. Haha!), I can’t wait to explore the world with it. I’m still waiting for the owl-dorable case I ordered online though, so its public appearance has been rare and few. (This is actually the first time I’ve taken it out!)
I love my new toy because of its sleek (black chrome, baby!), portable and fun nature (hello, countless games to play like Steph and Angel’s new obsession!). I also love dressing it up by finding wallpapers for it like this cool, vintage-looking Viewfinder illustration.
Most of all, I love it because it helps me stay connected with my sister (my fellow iPad mini buddy) through iMessage and Facetime. Koko even introduced me to this nifty photo stream that allows us to share pictures instantaneously. Brilliant!
I haven’t been able to explore all the features of this gadget yet, but I’m so excited about the endless possibilities…
I won't deny it: I spend way too much time online. Mostly I'm just stalking people on Facebook and Instagram, other times I'm doing something more useful like reading articles...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- hi! welcome everyone :)
Yeeeeeeey! sge sure sis! Sabihin ko sayo pag napost ko na chapter 4 Weee, so happy! Haha Read more
Posted on Today at 06:54:26 pm
- ✰ Lovely Witch ✰ Chap 5 UDated/May 22
Haha! Napangiti ako dun sa sinabi ni DJ na -"Bastos". Napaangiti lang kasi baka akalain ng kuya ko sa tabi ko nababaliw na ako pa... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:47:48 pm
- ♥FREEDOM WALL♥ season 8
Thank you nalang sa twitter ah. Kung hinde sa twitter siguro hanggang ngayon nababanas parin ako sa kamalian at pagka-wrong timi... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:41:58 pm
- JUNE 10 Pasukan na naman! Malapit na matapos ang Bakasyon :3 Usap tayo! xD
Cge i-DL ko pala yang now is good. Para rin pala syang the fault in our stars? Kababasa ko lang nun kanina e. Haha! DL ko rin yu... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:41:14 pm
- Hi~ I wrote Pagmamahal ng isang TORPE sa CC. Pwede pabasa? Thanks! -ali :*
Bakit naman? Ilang months kayo nagtagal? Di naman. Haha! Di lang talaga siguro ready lumandi. Pag ready na ako, edi go hahahaha... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:39:32 pm