Archive for the 'Beauty & Trends' Category
Don’t you just loooove sembreak? It’s a great time to relax in the middle of a busy school year. (Not to mention all the fun Halloween festivities!) When you’re all done planning your costumes, trick or treating, and honoring your relatives who have passed, I highly suggest taking a beauty day off so that by the time school starts up again, you’ll be refreshed and recharged!
1. Have a facial at Skin Perfect.
2. Try a non-invasive body contouring treatment at Perfect Contour.
3. Get a haircut or have your makeup done at Vanity Circle Salon.
Skin Perfect, Perfect Contour, and Vanity Circle Salon have branches nationwide. Their newest branches are located at Robinsons Place Magnolia, New Manila, Quezon City. Visit www.skinperfect.com.ph for more details.
I’m always excited about new loot, especially beauty products! These ones are my newest favorites.
1. Lucas Papaw ointment – really good for chapped lips and dry skin and nails.
2. Canmake lipstick – super creamy, doesn’t dry out my lips and the color is just the right red orange.
3. Kose Anmiel liquid eyeliner – draws fine lines perfectly and doesn’t smudge even with my monolids. Packaging is TDF too!
4. Revlon’s Absolute Radiance CC Cream – this is my current favorite of the bunch! I’ve always been curious about cc creams and when Marla gave me this to try, I immediately tried it out. The cream is light, and you don’t feel like you’re wearing a lot of gunk on your face. I like the matte finish, and how my skin looks more even and healthy.
What are your new beauty favorites? Let me know!
Although I am still at my comfiest (and happiest) in an oversized sweater, denim shorts, and boots, even non-girly girls like me can’t help but give in to the pull of pink once in a while. Last week I was helping my sister look for dress pegs for her upcoming eighteenth birthday, and I fell in love with this flirty bubblegum pink piece by Sherri Hill—it helped, of course, that it was modeled by the gorgeous, impossibly leggy Kendall Jenner #girlcrush #noshame.
And although most of my closet is still a somber soiree of blacks and grays sitting around and eyeing/judging one another from their respective dark corners, I believe a few fun pops of unabashed pink never hurt anyone. There’s just something about this color that makes you feel instantly feminine, even when you’re having the laziest or gloomiest day; I guess the phrase “pretty in pink” exists for a reason. Perched happily above are the items on my current pink wishlist: Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss, Topshop ombre blazer, and the cutest galaxy print Keds (a hundred percent perf for the #CandyFair2013, amirite?).
Barbie, Elle Woods, and seven-year-old me would be so proud.
Wondering where to get your shop on this summer? Look no further than the newly minted Bershka, which happens to be the brainchild of Spanish, fast-fashion supergroup Inditex (see also: ZARA, Stradivarius, Pull & Bear).
At the launch of their new Glorietta branch, I had the chance to sit down with 3 of their special guests to get the inside scoop on the brand.
DJ Eve Speciall, Begona Munoz (Head of Communications), and DJ Prince Pelayo
How did you decide to pick this spot as the first Bershka branch in the Philippines?
Begona Munoz: Bershka doesn’t place ads, so finding a great location like this one, especially when opening in a new market, acts as our ad. It’s all about location!
What do you love about Bershka as a brand?
DJ Prince Pelayo: I love the fact that it’s so accessible in the way that it connects to young people. I remember when I was a teenager, I’d buy Bershka in my home city because I felt that it connected with my taste, not only in fashion but in music.
DJ Eve Speciall: For me it’s about being able to constantly update your wardrobe without putting too much of a dent in your wallet as well. Always having pieces that are really current… It’s a one-stop shop for just about anything. They have some formal pieces and casual pieces that you can easily mix and match.
Who is the Bershka Girl?
Begona Munoz: The Bershka girl is very independent. She is very in tune with the things that she wants and she loves to shop with her friend. In a word, she is fearless.
Bershka is located at the Ground Floor of the new Glorietta.
Ah, summer! These sweltering days give us an excuse to: a) bust out and wear colorful tank tops and shorts, b) eat an obscene amount of ice cream, c) take a dip in the pool, or d) all of the above. This summer, I’ll definitely be stashing these items in my overnight bag if and when I hit the beach again.
1) I’m loving the light, non-greasy consistency of Ocean Potion Face SPF 45. I hate having white streaks on my face when I soak in the water (yikes!), and this brand definitely did not do that.
2) When I wore my royal blue bikini set for the first time, I was so happy to see that it matched the deep blue waters of Sumilon.
3) Flip-flops with thin straps (like this animal-printed Havaianas) are perfect for long walks by the shore. I can’t stand it when the straps bite into my chubby feet (haha!).
4) Whether they’re disposable or digital, underwater cameras are definitely the best water companions!
5) Lugging around my iPad Mini gives me an excuse to post Instagram-worthy pictures in a snap.
What about you? What are your beach must-haves?
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
Contractubex is a highly effective treatment for all scar types. it actively promotes the healing process of the skin and reduce... Read more
Posted on Today at 04:51:05 pm
- --->Did you ever fall for a character in the book you were reading?
LOL my own personal Christina Grey will always be Alexander Skarsgard. http://ins tagram.com/p/acqzdyF j8K/ Read more
Posted on Today at 03:31:13 pm
- All about: Twitter
@angelabtrze Read more
Posted on Today at 01:19:42 pm
- What is the unit of you're cellphone?
Samsung Galaxy S4 Read more
Posted on Today at 01:18:16 pm
- The Book that made you a Bookworm
Definitely Harry Potter! I was only a grade 4 student back then! Then 50 shades of Grey. Read more
Posted on Today at 10:53:11 am