Archive for the 'Candy' Category
I’ve been on the lookout for low-heeled pointy pumps in black suede forever (kidding, just recently). And every time I thought I picked the perfect pair, I slip them on and they just didn’t feel right. Over the weekend, I tried on this gorgeous pair of cobalt blue suede heels. They were almost perfect except for the fact that they weren’t, well, black. So I regretfully put them back on the rack.
This afternoon, some of the girls and I checked out the newly opened Shoe Department of the SM Store in Makati. Rows upon rows of shoes! I got kind of dizzy trying to figure out where to start first. I spotted a pair of black pumps and tried them on. They were super comfy, but the price tag was over what I would usually spend for a pair of shoes. Three trips back and forth to different sections and three pairs later, I tried on what seemed like a sensible pair of black suede shoes from a brand that I had only associated with a magazine until today.
And ta-da! I came home with what I hope will be on my regular shoe rotation (guys, I live in flats!). I can already imagine wearing them with cuffed boyfriend jeans and a cozy sweater (which incidentally is what I’m wearing today), or my fave skater dress. Will definitely be wearing them to the holiday dinners this Christmas!
What’s on your shoe-pping list? And how do you know they’re the perfect pair once you fit them? (:
5 Things You Should Probably Know About Candy’s New Editorial Assistant
5. My name is Kaye, which is short for Kathleen Anne. My dad named me after some British beauty queen from the 1980s. Kinda hard to live up to but I’m tall, which I figure should be enough.
4. I’m a proud momma to two adorable rabbits, Steve and Tony Rogers-Stark. They’re not particularly affectionate to me, nor are they capable of any cool tricks (unlike my cousin’s rabbits, who actually go back into their cage every time they want to do their business) but I still can’t help but gush about their adorableness to anybody who listens.
3. I eat a LOT. Rumors of my ability to finish a whole cake in just one sitting have been greatly exaggerated, but I don’t deny that I was once sad enough to eat an entire pizza. Sometimes I even get a little cranky when I have to delay my meals (an emotion I call ‘hanger,’ ie: my hunger is making me really angry). I would actually feel prouder of my gastronomical accomplishments if I was actually able to summon the willpower to burn the calories!
2. It’s a little hard to gush about my favorite shows because I can’t seem to find people who watch the same things I do! I’ve given up watching Doctor Who (much to Dyan’s chagrin, haha!) because I don’t really like Steven Moffat as a showrunner. I’ll probably watch BBC’s Sherlock when it goes back on air but these days I prefer Elementary because Jonny Lee Miller’s Holmes is less of a jerk than Benedict Cumberbatch’s (and Lucy Liu is flawless). Aside from that, I love Game of Thrones, Miranda, Sleepy Hollow, and Teen Wolf.
1. While I do love to write, I’ve never once considered working in publishing. After graduating with a degree in European Studies back in 2011, I taught Asian History to a bunch of high school sophomores (seniors now!), and eventually ended up in law school a year later. I left after it was determined that I couldn’t cope with the rigors of the study. Sometimes it scares me that I’m not settled into a career like a lot of my batchmates but in my short teaching stint, I learned that nothing makes me happier than helping girls through the ups and downs of growing up and making them realize just how awesome they truly are. What better place to do it than here?
Until next time, Candy girls!
When I’m bored, I tend to go on Pinterest and Polyvore and dream up cute outfits! This pastel perfect one I’d wear to Christmas brunch with my family and friends. I’d wear comfy flats with a cute lace dress, a pretty sling bag and dainty accessories. Have you thought about your Christmas outfit already? Share them with me!
Start with a chunky, salmon colored cable-knit sweater worn one size too big. The saccharine color will pop against a neutral like heather grey, and the relaxed shape will balance the clingy fabric of the skirt. If you’re conscious about being a little bottom-heavy, avoid flats and go for heels which will stretch your frame. You can also adjust where you want the hem to hit based on your height (if you’re on the petite side, keep it knee length to give you the illusion of longer legs). Both pieces for the shoot I borrowed from Topshop, and you can probably still find them if you’re quick!
The hair & makeup:
Marla’s notes for the cover look were ‘preppy formal’ so with that in mind, I turned to beauty inspiration from the ’60s for Coleen’s makeup. Denise Go adapted Kate Spade’s Spring 2014 graphic cat eyes and shimmery white liner for Coleen’s complexion, and to top it off Rhoy Cervantes created a perfectly exaggerated beehive ala ’60s French cinema muse Brigitte Bardot.
Here’s a not-so surprising secret: There are so many things I’d rather do than exercise. (To name a few: eat a huge bowl of pasta, listen to ’90s power ballads, stare at my toes, and watch the sunset while sipping a toffee nut latte—all of which I did this weekend.) But exercise is a necessary
evil struggle, and if exercise were a person, he and I really need to get together and, you know…work it out (badum-tss!).
Inspired by Selena Gomez’s cheerful neon cardigan in her Adidas Neo campaign, I’ve recently taken a liking to happy workout gear. It started with an itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie yellow polka dot sports bra I snatched up on sale, then a pair of hot pink kicks Skechers generously gave me last week. If wearing brights makes me happy on regular days, then it should be able to lend its magic to my gym sessions, too.
Here’s another surefire way to psych yourself up to sweat it out: a fun song with lotsa clapping and good vibes! Makes you feel like you have a super supportive barkada cheering you on to run, stretch, jump, kick, or lift toward your best, fittest, healthiest self—which you probably do, anyway.
I've been on the lookout for low-heeled pointy pumps in black suede forever (kidding, just recently). And every time I thought I picked the perfect pair, I slip them on and they...
1. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 2. Katniss, Hermione, Bella, Annabeth, Tris, Clary: Which Modern Day Heroine Are You?
- 3. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 4. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 5. Which Leading Lady Are You?
- 6. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 7. 5 Best Black Eyeliners
- 8. 5 Best Nude Lips
- 9. Style Equation: Collared Top + Skirt
- 10. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
1. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 2. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 3. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 4. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 5. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
- 6. Harry Styles Spills! Is He Really Dating Kendall Jenner?
- 7. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 8. Twitter Talk: Coleen Garcia On The Cover of Candy And Other Celebritweets
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. Kylie Jenner's Bangs: Real or Fake?
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 5. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 6. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 7. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 8. Dear One Direction
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 4 Best Scenes to Relive
- Right now, I am..
right now, i am all wrapped up with blankets, sipping my coffee and browsing creative corner. winter in UK is bluh! -___- Read more
Posted on Today at 08:40:10 pm
- cocktail dress or long gown?
Try both muna. See kung saan ka mas comfortable. Don't mind which looks good on you. As long its comfortable, it's fine. Yung ma... Read more
Posted on Today at 08:34:03 pm
- last song syndrome! :) (LSS) PART 1
ROYALS - Lorde Pleee eaaaasssseee. naiinis na mga kapatid ko hahah Read more
Posted on Today at 08:32:30 pm
- Re: Give Me A Word That Starts With... ☺Season 13☺
Notion. X? Read more
Posted on Today at 08:26:26 pm
- Dear Diary (your online Diary!)
Dear Diary, i 39;m glad that after 3 looong years, i'm back here on candymag na and planning to start out a story Read more
Posted on Today at 08:24:55 pm