Life is all about having fun while taking care of responsibilities, adding meaning to life with our daily encounters, doing things that will enrich our souls and make us feel young, and keeping friends that will be a big part of your life.
In my 5 years of being part of the Candy Team, I’ve lived a great life. I enjoyed “shopping” for clothes for all you Candy readers and had fun giving you advice on how to build your wardrobe and find ways to discover your own personal style. I learned so many things about teenagers in the new generation and how teen celebrities differ from then ’til now (you girls are lucky that it’s easy for you to see your celeb crushes in person ’cause of Candy). The job I’ve been doing for the past years kept me feeling young and at peace as I’m surrounded with great people, positive vibes, and happy thoughts. I’ve gained another family through the Candy Team—conversations about our celeb crushes (we talk about that too), shopping together, laughing together, crying together, just being there for one another. Realizing all these, I know that my 5 years with Candy was probably the best years of my life… Just like when I was in high school.
As I move on to a new chapter in my life, I will carry with me the things that I’ve learned in being part of the team that worked for the coolest teen magazine and website ever! Thank you Candy Girls for trusting me with your fashion problems and for allowing me to be an ate to each and everyone of you. May you continue to become amazing Candy Girls through and through. Follow your dreams, have the courage to do what you want to do, and step up to reach your goals. I’ll assure you that you’ll go a long way.
To the Candy Team, I will try my best not to cry as I write this but here it goes… Thank you so much for everything! Words can’t explain how grateful I am to be part of Candy and knowing each and everyone of you. I will never forget all the memories and trips we’ve shared together. We’re not just coworkers but we’ve developed a deep relationship that only us can understand. I will miss you girls so much! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I love you all!
Thank you, Candy! Wherever life will take me in the future, I will forever and will always be a Candy Girl.
I’m obsessed with a lot of YouTube singers. Gabe Bondoc and Urbangermany are some of the artists I listen to regularly. Earlier today, my friend posted this video on YouTube:
I like The Birds and the Bee’s rendition of this song but these guys blew me away. Nicki Bluhm and The Grambers is a San Franciso-based group who go on road trips with their van and record their “van sessions” to post on YouTube. Most of their covers are songs from the 70s and 80s and I super love it! Growing up listening to old songs made me appreciate the band’s kind of music and style.
Which YouTube singer do you like listening to? Share them with me!
I discovered a new game last week-DRAW SOMETHING! It’s so addicting and fun that I have like around 25 games all at the same time. I’m not really good at drawing (yeah, I draw mostly stick figures to represent people and a lot of arrows as a clue) but this game is giving Pictionary a whole new level.
I’m super loving the drawings of The Shoe Girl blogger. Her drawing are exact and so nice! How I wish I could draw like her.
If you have an iPhone, iPad or an Android phone, download the game and let me know the best one you drew.
Since I was in high school, my hair has been exposed to different kinds of chemicals. Hair color, rebonding, treatments—I’ve tried them all. My hair looks healthy on the outside but what I didn’t know is that when my hair was magnified, the strands of my hair have zones with no scales (the layer that protects the hair) revealing the cortex which is in the erosion level 3 (yeah, it’s sort of bad). Regular treatments might not be enough to make it healthy again so Kerastase Paris created a way to help regain the healthiness of our hair in the comfort of our own bathrooms. The Kerastase Force Architecte line will help repair hair suffering from erosion levels 1 to 2 or technical aggressions which causes too much brushing, blow drying and hair irons.
After 2 weeks of use, my hair level was reversed up to 2 degrees which made my hair healthy again. I’ve noticed that my hair feels and looks healthier since my hair strands were “reconstructed” both within and on the surface. No matter what we do to our hair, we should know how to take care of it by regularly getting treatments most especially when your hair is exposed to sunlight and dirt most of the time. Kerastase Force Architecte line will definitely help your hair be healthy and shiny again.
How do you take care of your hair? Share them with me!
Kerastase Force Architecte is available in David Salons and Rustans outlets nationwide
I spent my weekend eating like a pig and watching old movies stored in my hard drive. I wanted to go back in time (well, it’s not that long ago) and re-watch the movies I loved watching when I was a kid. You might not even been born yet since these movies are dated way back in the early 90s. Here are some of the movies that made me smile this weekend.
This is probably the cutest movie I’ve ever seen! I can’t get enough of Porky and Buckwheat’s little cute antics. Of course, who will ever forget the love story of Alfalfa and Darla. I think I memorized all their lines by heart. That’s how I love the movie, haha! I hope they’ll do a remake of this soon.
I’ve been asking my friends about this movie and they think I’m crazy for saying it’s one of the best movies during my childhood. They don’t know this movie (we’ll you girls are excused)! I can still remember wanting to have that duck bed they had in the Toys Factory. Super cute!
This is probably one of the most-watched movie in my childhood. This movie was just hilarious! Kevin was left alone in their home when his whole family forgot him when they left for a vacation. Just imagine how he created traps to keep the burglars out of their house. Both Home Alone movies are a must see!
How about you, Candy Girl? Which childhood movie do you love watching over and over again? Share them with us!
I've been on the lookout for low-heeled pointy pumps in black suede forever (kidding, just recently). And every time I thought I picked the perfect pair, I slip them on and they...
1. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 2. Katniss, Hermione, Bella, Annabeth, Tris, Clary: Which Modern Day Heroine Are You?
- 3. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 4. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 5. Which Leading Lady Are You?
- 6. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 7. 5 Best Black Eyeliners
- 8. 5 Best Nude Lips
- 9. Style Equation: Collared Top + Skirt
- 10. Harry Styles Spills! Is He Really Dating Kendall Jenner?
1. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 2. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 3. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 4. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 5. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
- 6. Harry Styles Spills! Is He Really Dating Kendall Jenner?
- 7. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 8. Twitter Talk: Coleen Garcia On The Cover of Candy And Other Celebritweets
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. Kylie Jenner's Bangs: Real or Fake?
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 5. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 6. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 7. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 8. Dear One Direction
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 4 Best Scenes to Relive
- Right now, I am..
right now, i am all wrapped up with blankets, sipping my coffee and browsing creative corner. winter in UK is bluh! -___- Read more
Posted on December 10, 2013, 08:40:10 pm
- cocktail dress or long gown?
Try both muna. See kung saan ka mas comfortable. Don't mind which looks good on you. As long its comfortable, it's fine. Yung ma... Read more
Posted on December 10, 2013, 08:34:03 pm
- last song syndrome! :) (LSS) PART 1
ROYALS - Lorde Pleee eaaaasssseee. naiinis na mga kapatid ko hahah Read more
Posted on December 10, 2013, 08:32:30 pm
- Re: Give Me A Word That Starts With... ☺Season 13☺
Notion. X? Read more
Posted on December 10, 2013, 08:26:26 pm
- Dear Diary (your online Diary!)
Dear Diary, i 39;m glad that after 3 looong years, i'm back here on candymag na and planning to start out a story Read more
Posted on December 10, 2013, 08:24:55 pm