Last March 23, the Candy team headed to Ilocos to witness the beautiful wedding of Margaux (our former fashion editor) and Con. While we were there, we took the opportunity to see the sights of the northernmost tip of Luzon. Here’s a fun picture we captured before we surfed the sand dunes of Paoay.
This year, we’re off to a different destination (road triiiip!!!) to do the same thing—attend the wedding of someone from the Candy family! Can you guess who? Clue: She is quite adventurous and is one of the girls in the picture above.
We’re all so excited for her to finally tie the knot with her Prince Charming! I’m sure some of us will even get teary-eyed when we see her walk down the aisle in her gorgeous gown and hear them exchange vows. (More pictures to follow in our upcoming blogs.) I hope you can take time to say a prayer for this special couple and wish them an unending supply of love and happiness.
Ah, summer! These sweltering days give us an excuse to: a) bust out and wear colorful tank tops and shorts, b) eat an obscene amount of ice cream, c) take a dip in the pool, or d) all of the above. This summer, I’ll definitely be stashing these items in my overnight bag if and when I hit the beach again.
1) I’m loving the light, non-greasy consistency of Ocean Potion Face SPF 45. I hate having white streaks on my face when I soak in the water (yikes!), and this brand definitely did not do that.
2) When I wore my royal blue bikini set for the first time, I was so happy to see that it matched the deep blue waters of Sumilon.
3) Flip-flops with thin straps (like this animal-printed Havaianas) are perfect for long walks by the shore. I can’t stand it when the straps bite into my chubby feet (haha!).
4) Whether they’re disposable or digital, underwater cameras are definitely the best water companions!
5) Lugging around my iPad Mini gives me an excuse to post Instagram-worthy pictures in a snap.
What about you? What are your beach must-haves?
Hi Candy Girls!
I’ve been there once before with Angel a couple of years back, and I’m happy to report that the island has maintained its gorgeous, untouched state. Though the beach wasn’t 100% swim-able (the Amihan wind was blowing too hard, making the waves extra strong!), we enjoyed having adventures on the island. We trekked to the top of the island to see the lighthouse, rode a kayak to see the mangroves, swam (and tanned) in the infinity pool, fed some fishes, and even pretended to be One Direction inside one of the island’s luxurious glamping (glam camping) tents!
I wish I could spend more moments at the beach this summer, but then I’d miss everyone back home. Good thing my family and some friends came along for this trip!
Where are you off to this summer?
With my sister’s family visiting the country, I’ve appointed myself as their official tour guide and fun generator. This means taking them to exciting places, making them try new dishes, and giving them one-of-a-kind experiences worth sharing with their friends back in Canada. So far, two of my best moments with them include ziplining over trees in Tagaytay (my sister let out a shriek of terror while Jared enjoyed looking down!) and having a beach encounter with a dolphin in Subic (one of my lifelong dreams!).
Can you suggest where I should take them or what I should do with them next? Feel free to share below!
The best letters come in the simplest form.
There is no need for flowery words, profound metaphors, or hidden messages (that are, admit it, sometimes too hard to decipher!) written on stationery paper. All you need is a clear point, some carefully chosen words to say it, and a small piece of paper with a sticky back.
The message definitely brightened my day and will forever be one of the simplest yet sweetest notes I’ve ever received.
What about you? Have you received or given any sweet letters lately?
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- All about: Twitter
@angelabtrze Read more
Posted on Today at 01:19:42 pm
- What is the unit of you're cellphone?
Samsung Galaxy S4 Read more
Posted on Today at 01:18:16 pm
- The Book that made you a Bookworm
Definitely Harry Potter! I was only a grade 4 student back then! Then 50 shades of Grey. Read more
Posted on Today at 10:53:11 am
- --->Did you ever fall for a character in the book you were reading?
I absolutely do. To the point that I made Jamie Dornan my wallpaper on my gadgets. (although I'd fall in love with Jamie at fir... Read more
Posted on Today at 10:51:29 am
- Feeling ko masarap maging third party, tingin nyo?
This is what I am now... "The other woman.." "Kabet" "Mistress" , "Third party", "Relationship wrecker" or whatever you can names... Read more
Posted on Today at 10:16:48 am