It’s extra hard not to get sad, discouraged, and even negative during times like these, especially with constant bad news circulating. Even after helping out with relief operations and giving back with donations, it’s definitely still normal to feel helpless and even down right depressed at the end of the day.
Since I know exactly where you’re coming from and what you could be feeling, I’m going to share with you my little secret (which actually isn’t much of a secret) to cheering myself up on those bad days or downward slumps—it all lies in my favorite Pinterest board filled with words of encouragement a.k.a. my Wise Words board. Every time I take a break or have nothing to do, I make it a point to scroll through Pinterest to find photos with text or typography with encouraging quotes and inspiring messages because it really does wonders! So, when I’m feeling pretty bad, I just visit my own board filled with tons of positivity and at least for an hour or a day, my spirits actually get lifted! This is mainly because words, the right ones, can really go a loooong way. That’s how this board of mine works, it uses the right words to spread a dose of hope and positivity, not only for me but hopefully for anyone else that comes across it.
Whether you’re feeling down or looking for a glimmer of hope, why don’t you check it out? I promise it won’t hurt and you won’t waste your time! It might even get you to start your own board filled with sunshine and positivity. Here’s a few examples and some of my favorites:
Every time my hair gets frizzy, I would always think that it’s my hair’s way of saying it’s stressed—probably because of the weather or because I’m not giving it enough TLC. Either way, frizz is something I definitely don’t like and it’s literally a daily battle of finding out how to get rid of it so that I can look somehow presentable. Which is why I was all giddy and excited to find out that I would get to try L’Oreal Professionnel’s Steam Care service which is basically a Keratin Steam Care treatment using their latest Steampod technology.
Wondering what this means and what it does? Basically, the treatment gives an anti-frizz smoothing effect that can last up to 3 days if used for normal to slightly sensitive hair. When used continuously , it will result to long-lasting hair reconstruction and deep nourishment.
Here’s the process of my treatment:
Here’s how my hair looked as it was being straightened.
Afterwards, they evenly applied this mask all over my hair for protection and for added shine and smoothness.
This was the finished result. My hair become a lot straighter, smoother, and felt lighter!
It’s been a full week since I had this treatment and I’ve got to say, I’m pretty happy with it—my hair is not as straight but noticeably smoother and frizz-free! Find out more about this treatment by checking out facebook.com/LOrealProPH
I’ve always been a beach baby. I know most people say that but I honestly, really mean it when I say that I can pretty much live at the beach. This basically means that I try to plan a getaway to anywhere with sand, sea, and sun as much as I can. Which is why once I heard that there was going to be a Music Festival at the beach, I couldn’t pass up on the chance to go because it brings together two things I love—the ocean and music.
Wondering what this magical event is? Well it’s actually the 8th La Union Surf Break Weekend presents Soul Surf. I’m sure you’re thinking, what’s so special about this festival? Well to break it down for you, this whole weekend event will have everything you’ll need for the perfect trip—surfing, a surfing competition, international dj’s (RAC, Panic City, Classixx), local music acts (The Bloomfields, Franco, Salamin, Nix Damp P and more), some art, yoga, yummy food trucks, good company, the beach, amazing views, and I can go on and on. Plus, this all happens on a long weekend, how great is that right?
Still thinking if you should join in on the fun? Well, aside from definitely deserving a break, this festival is a great reason to hang out with your friends and have the best time ever. Check out the video below to see what you could be enjoying:
Can you tell how excited I am??? Hope to see you all there!
Last tuesday, July 16th 2013, marks my 1 year anniversary as an official Candy Girl and I couldn’t have been happier! YAY!
Getting the opportunity to work for Candy was definitely a dream because I grew up reading the magazine and I still do. Plus, I get to write about everything fashion and beauty related, two topics I absolutely love—how cool is that? But really, this past year has been nothing short of amazing! I’ve learned a ton of stuff, been given the chance to do and try things I never have before, meet all sorts of people, and just loads of fun experiences. The best part of it all is that I get to work with an extremely talented and fun bunch every single day and I call them my friends. You can definitely say I’m one lucky girl and it’s only been a year! I can’t wait for what’s to come! I hope you’re liking what I’ve been doing for the site. hehe
If you’re a Candy Girl and you’re dreaming of becoming a member of the team, I say go for it—keep believing and working hard to make that dream come true!
Hope you’re all having a great weekend. ‘Till next time!
I love getting pampered and dolled up just as much as the next girl but as of late, I haven’t had much time to do so. I think the last time I really got to relax and get my nails done was when Dyan let me tag along when she tried out a new nail salon I now love—St. Nails! (check this for their Facebook page).
The place was just the right size and the staff was so accommodating, definitely a plus on my book! Since it’s been a while since I had my nails done by an expert (I can paint my own nails but definitely not as neat as the professionals), I wanted to give a new nail trend a try—gel nail polish. The main feature of this new type of nail polish is that it can last up to 3 weeks without chipping, which is perfect for my ever-so-clumsy self!
Here’s some photos of my very first experience:
All in all I really enjoyed getting pampered at St. Nails aka my new discovery. For the gel polish, it was actually chip-free for weeks which is why I would recommend you to do this for special occasions or for trips so you won’t have to worry about how your nails will look!
‘Till next time!
1. You don't have to like the same things to like each other. Case in point: Seth is a huge fan of Death Cab for Cutie. The love of his life, though, describes it as "one guitar...
1. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 2. Katniss, Hermione, Bella, Annabeth, Tris, Clary: Which Modern Day Heroine Are You?
- 3. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 4. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. Which Leading Lady Are You?
- 7. 5 Best Black Eyeliners
- 8. 5 Best Nude Lips
- 9. Style Equation: Collared Top + Skirt
- 10. Harry Styles Spills! Is He Really Dating Kendall Jenner?
1. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 2. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 3. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 4. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 5. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
- 6. Harry Styles Spills! Is He Really Dating Kendall Jenner?
- 7. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 8. Twitter Talk: Coleen Garcia On The Cover of Candy And Other Celebritweets
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. Kylie Jenner's Bangs: Real or Fake?
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 5. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 6. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 7. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 8. Dear One Direction
- 9. Growing Out Your Bangs? Check Out This Quick Fix By Tricia Gosingtian!
- 10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: 4 Best Scenes to Relive
- SONG FOR YOUR EX-BF/EX GF?
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift Read more
Posted on Today at 03:20:51 pm
- UNSAID FEELINGS - - - Post them here.
To my exNAKAKAINIS KAAAAAAA!!!!Di ko akalain sa one year na to kinaya kong itago sa lahat tungkol saten. Grabe ha. Di mo na lang... Read more
Posted on Today at 03:12:27 pm
- What are your favorite songs as of now?
All INFINITE songs Read more
Posted on Today at 03:01:31 pm
- Korean Idol Group: EXO/EXO-K/EXO-M
Kai, Kris and Luhan bias here XD Read more
Posted on Today at 02:56:56 pm
- KPop Girl Group: So Nyeo Shi Dae [PLS. support MYX BLACK OUT!] Check p1 for info
Korean comeback please -_____- Lagi na lang japanese e XD *reklamo ng reklamo e XD* Read more
Posted on Today at 02:54:33 pm