What could be so much sweeter than your favorite teen magazine? Why real candy, of course! If you’re looking for unique gifts to give away this Christmas, check out these holiday-themed candies from Made in Candy Philippines.
At MIC, Candy Artisans craft pictures and messages at the center of each handmade rock candy. You can have your own batch personalized. Look, candies for a cause! #AHONPH
For more information, just follow away!
For the first time ever, I ran 25 kilometers at yesterday’s New Balance Power Race. I’ve been into running for quite some time now but the longest distance I’d ever run was 21-K (and that was about four years ago). I joined the Runner’s World 25-K Challenge—an intense, 10-week training program which helped me prepare for the race. And I’m happy to say, I did it!
Here I am with the other participants and our coaches. Despite the grueling run we just did, we were still all smiles after the race.
Check out these snazzy medals we got at the finish line. That’s what I love about running—no matter how many hours it takes you to finish the race, everyone gets a hard-earned, well-deserved medal.
As expected, my legs and feet were very tired and sore after running 25-K (it took me 3 hours and 45 minutes!). So this morning, I treated myself to a relaxing pedicure at Nailsanity. What’s unique about them is that they offer a high quality pampering experience at a reasonable price. And they use eco-friendly products!
Plus, they offer yoga classes for beginners and advanced students.
Nailsanity and Tantra Yoga are located at MG Building, 150 Amorsolo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati. You can also find them on Facebook (TANTRA YOGA and NAILSANITY) for more details.
And if you want to get into running, grab a copy of Runner’s World‘s latest issue with Matteo Guidicelli on the cover. Or you can tweet me at twitter.com/angelamc23 and I’d be glad to give you some tips.
See you on the road (or at the nail salon)!
Don’t you just loooove sembreak? It’s a great time to relax in the middle of a busy school year. (Not to mention all the fun Halloween festivities!) When you’re all done planning your costumes, trick or treating, and honoring your relatives who have passed, I highly suggest taking a beauty day off so that by the time school starts up again, you’ll be refreshed and recharged!
1. Have a facial at Skin Perfect.
2. Try a non-invasive body contouring treatment at Perfect Contour.
3. Get a haircut or have your makeup done at Vanity Circle Salon.
Skin Perfect, Perfect Contour, and Vanity Circle Salon have branches nationwide. Their newest branches are located at Robinsons Place Magnolia, New Manila, Quezon City. Visit www.skinperfect.com.ph for more details.
There are two things I’m looking forward to this month and both involve something that will make you feel totally satisfied.
First, a visual feast:
Thor 2: The Dark World opens in theaters on October 30. Thor is my absolute favorite avenger (and not just because he’s played by hottie Chris Hemsworth… okay, maybe that is the only reason, but still) and I can’t wait for this movie to come out!
Second, a feast fit for a king (or for your whole barkada to share):
Available from September 16 to November 3, the Chickenjoy Thor Bucket Treats comes with 8 pieces of everyone’s favorite crispylicious, juicylicious Chickenjoy, 4 scoops of rice, 4 regular Cheese Crisscut Fries and 4 regular drinks for only P599. This limited edition bucket is also available in the 6-piece solo Chickenjoy bucket for only P335 and the 8-piece solo bucket for only P429. (Now girls, try not to fight over who gets to keep the bucket after you’ve finished eating everything inside it!)
Thor + Chickenjoy = one filling combo! How can you resist?
Last Wednesday, the Candy Team attended the first Chick Lit Fest where we got to meet the authors of some of our favorite Summit books. If you’re itching to write a novel of your own, here are a few tips from the authors themselves:
1. Start writing. If you have an idea in your head, just write it down right away! —Mina Esguerra, Interim Goddess of Love series
2. Keep at it. Once you’ve started, don’t stop! —Ines Bautista-Yao, One Crazy Summer & What’s In Your Heart
3. Try writing about what you like or what you enjoy doing first. When you become more confident, then you can start exploring other topics. —Marla Miniano, Fan Girl & From This Day Forward
4. Don’t judge yourself. Just write whatever you feel like writing about. —Chinggay Labrador, Popped series
5. Keep reading and experiencing new things. Inspiration is everywhere! —Abi Aquino, Drama Queen
Who knows? Your book could be the next one on the shelves!
Writing and dreaming,
When I'm bored, I tend to go on Pinterest and Polyvore and dream up cute outfits! This pastel perfect one I'd wear to Christmas brunch with my family and friends. :)...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 5. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 6. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 7. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 8. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 9. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
- 10. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 6. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 7. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 8. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 9. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- 10. 5 Best Brows
- Let's play a-I've read that book Game.
Quote from: estoryaheee on Today at 02:51:39 amNot yet. The Summer I Turned Pretty? Nop e. Ender 39;s Game? Read more
Posted on Today at 07:45:11 am
- Korean Idol Group: EXO/EXO-K/EXO-M
Quote from: itsJiezelm on December 04, 2013, 02:51:01 pmOMG! really? wow! so happy to find out that Kris is so attractive even i... Read more
Posted on Today at 07:43:32 am
- Right now, I am..
... expanding my TBR pile thanks to NPR. Read more
Posted on Today at 07:42:18 am
- what book series do you or want to collect ?
* Ender's Game * Divergent Read more
Posted on Today at 07:41:10 am
- Tae-bo / Boxing / Kickboxing
Hi All, Which gym would you recommend to undergo kickboxing sessions? Read more
Posted on Today at 02:50:08 am