While I’ve never seriously been bullied (the most I got were dagger looks and a failed rumor-spreading attempt from a girl who thought I had a crush on her boyfriend—which I didn’t, and a few insensitive comments from seniors who seemed to have forgotten what it felt like to be a scared little freshman), I will always sympathize with and admire those who have actually experienced it. My heart breaks more than a bit every time I receive an email from one of you telling me about the mean girls in your school who give you a hard time, or boys who think name-calling is remotely cool. A few days ago I saw this collaborative animated video based on a spoken word poem by Shane Koyczan, made up of illustrations from over 80 artists with different styles and different stories. Its clear, strong message, that bullying is never ever okay—and the powerful way in which it was conveyed—completely blew me away, and I have a feeling it’ll have the same effect on you.
These are my favorite lines; I think they’re absolutely wonderful. Watch the video and let me know what yours are.
“if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
get a better mirror
look a little closer
stare a little longer
because there’s something inside you
that made you keep trying
despite everyone who told you to quit”
Leave a Reply
One Response to “What Inspired Us: To This Day”
When I'm bored, I tend to go on Pinterest and Polyvore and dream up cute outfits! This pastel perfect one I'd wear to Christmas brunch with my family and friends. :)...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 5. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 6. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 7. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 8. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 9. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
- 10. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 6. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 7. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 8. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 9. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- 10. 5 Best Brows
- Survey: Last thing you ate
king kong tamayaki from tea monkey and oreo rock salt and cheese Read more
Posted on Today at 02:45:10 pm
- My hobby is_________________.
... read The Hunger Games fan fiction. Lalo na bago matulog. Read more
Posted on Today at 12:54:58 pm
- What Do You Collect? v.2
Original DVD series/sets. Read more
Posted on Today at 12:53:58 pm
- Let's play a-I've read that book Game.
nope. The Book Thief? Read more
Posted on Today at 12:24:51 pm
- Favorite bookstore.
BookSale. though i tend to visit other pricey bookshops for what's on their shelves.what i love about being in BookSale is that ... Read more
Posted on Today at 12:23:11 pm