I’m a big fan of the witty show Awkward, and I’ve always thought the showrunner must be pretty cool. Lauren Iungerich’s article on self-expression published in Glamour (January 2013) confirms my hypothesis. Here are a couple of nuggets from the gold mine she wrote:
“Yes, our ‘inner awful’ can be really funny. But in truth, being original and being kind aren’t mutually exclusive.”
I’m guilty of being a major laitera once in a while—okay, more than once in a while. Even when I write, my inner awful’s there. I remember telling Macy a few weeks ago that I can’t be funny when I write about something I genuinely like, as opposed to something I can just bash and go crazy with. But I’ve recently found that I can; it’s just a matter of re-imagining things and giving my inner awful a timeout, just as I should IRL. Working on it!
“Sure, we should love ourselves. But do we really have to love everything about ourselves? As is? Right now? I call shenanigans.”
I’m sintunado and my hips do lie—and I don’t like those things about myself. They make me look stupid at karaoke parties (I’ve learned to stay away from those) and Just Dance showdowns (Um, I stick to 1D’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”) But I’ve been told I have great taste in music and I agree (#humblebrag), and I can flail-dance at concerts. So suck it. JK.
How do you express yourself? How do you keep it real? Who’s your spirit animal, old and new?
Leave a Reply
One Response to “Who We Found: Our New Spirit Animal”
When I'm bored, I tend to go on Pinterest and Polyvore and dream up cute outfits! This pastel perfect one I'd wear to Christmas brunch with my family and friends. :)...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 5. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 6. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 7. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 8. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 9. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
- 10. One Direction's "Midnight Memories" Out November 25
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 6. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 7. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 8. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 9. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- 10. 5 Best Brows
- what book series do you or want to collect ?
Morganville Vampire Series Vampire Academy Twilight Series Hunger Games Triology The Summer I Turned Pretty Triology Read more
Posted on Today at 02:53:17 am
- Let's play a-I've read that book Game.
Not yet. The Summer I Turned Pretty? Read more
Posted on Today at 02:51:39 am
- Tae-bo / Boxing / Kickboxing
Hi All, Which gym would you recommend to undergo kickboxing sessions? Read more
Posted on Today at 02:50:08 am
- How long does it take you to read books?
Depends upon my time availability. Minsan, 1:1 (1 book. 1 day) or 1 finished book plus another halfway done in a day. Minsan, it... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:46:56 am
- Favorite bookstore.
NBS. Kapag hindi kaya ng budget, i go to Booksale. Tyagaan lang maghanap Read more
Posted on Today at 02:39:54 am