Day in the Life of Candy
Have you ever attended a talk where the speaker’s words just moved you to tears? Inspired you to do something great? Reminded you that there is so much love and hope in the world?
That’s exactly how I felt and more at last Saturday’s TEDxADMU event at the Ateneo de Manila University.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. On their website, you’ll find some of the most inspiring talks about any topic under the sun. TEDx events are independently organized talks in different parts of the world.
There were five speakers at TEDxADMU. Here are some tidbits of wisdom I picked up from their talks (clockwise from left):
1. Eddie Calasanz, philosophy teacher – Do things small but dream BIG. At the end of the day, you will be judged by love.
2. Pepe Diokno, filmmaker – The Philippine film industry is thriving once again. We should do our part to support it by watching good local films.
3. Christopher Lao, lawyer, cyber bullying victim – Bullying leads to despair, hopelessness, and even death. We must fight against it.
4. Alex Hornstein, inventor, The Solar Pocket Factory – It is possible to have clean energy and electricity anywhere there is sunlight. A simple idea can turn into limitless possibilities!
5. Sabrina Ongkiko, public school teacher – Hindi nag-uumpisa ang iyong mga pangarap kapag matanda ka na. Nag-uumpisa iyan ngayon. (Her talk was the most moving one for me! I can’t list down everything she said but her talk made us see that there are so many intelligent and hardworking students and teachers in our public schools.)
Learn more about TEDxADMU on Twitter or via their official website. And if you’re looking for that extra motivation to do what you’ve always dreamed of, visit TED.com to listen to more inspiring talks around the globe!
Who inspires you?
Leave a Reply
Sharing a few of my favorite memories from the Wanderland music festival: We can’t wait for Wanderland 2014! Photos courtesy of...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- Ano best way na nagwowork sainyo para hindi antukin kapag nag aaral??
good music and cheetos... with iced tea yun study style ko for the Boards hahaha Read more
Posted on Today at 02:31:33 pm
- The Official University of Santo Tomas Thread II (Please Read Page 1)
Hi! I would like to put forward the request to update my details in the Thread directory? hehehegraduate nako ng BS Biology... g... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:29:01 pm
- Movie: Pitch Perfect
I really had no idea what the movie was about pero nung napanuod ko na... WOW. Sobrang addict ako dun and sa songs nila. Sometim... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:20:06 pm
- POST YOUR COURSE AND YOUR SCHOOL
UST BS Biology - GraduateFEU-NRMF Medicine - Graduate, Licensed PhysicianFC Tech Degreekung may mga tanong kayo regarding scienc... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:19:49 pm
- Celebrities You've Met / Seen in Person
Ako i met a lot of local celebrities na kasi madaming shootings sa alma mater (siena college taytay) ko. Daming MMK episodes and... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:18:44 pm