Day in the Life of Candy
The Upper East Siders are back for one last season of Gossip Girl.
Though I’m quite sad to see the show end its successful, highly scandalous run (the sixth and final season will only air 10 episodes!), I feel the show has run its course and exhausted all possible pairing permutations (B+N, B+C, B+D, S+D, S+N, N+J, N+V, V+C, C+J… you catch my drift).
But before the show ends, I want to honor my favorite things about it:
1) The Big City: I love New York! I feel like there are so many things to see in this fast-paced metropolis, and I’m happy to experience its grand opulence (even just through my TV screen) with the help of the always in-the-know GG team. I’ll definitely miss seeing Blair walk down her grand staircase, listening to Chuck and Nate talk about their exploits, and even watching the Humphreys eat their pancakes in their Brooklyn pad.
2) The Stellar Music: I am in awe of Alexandra Patsavas and her amazing team for adding extra flavor to the show through the music of NY-based bands (The Pierces, The Virgins) as well as more mainstream acts (Rihanna, The Ting Tings). I find myself logging on to YouTube after every show to listen to songs by these featured musicians, and wonder how she discovered them.
3) The Fab Cast: I’m still a big fan of the Chuck and Blair love story, but despite this, I’ve also loved the Queen B’s past relationships with Nate and Dan. I have to admit it’s partly because of Leighton Meester and the other cast members’ undeniable chemistry—chemistry that caused them to date each other (i.e. Blake and Penn, Ed and Jessica, Leighton and Sebastian). I’ll definitely miss S+B’s “I hate you” then “let’s be best friends again” story lines as well as the scheming ways of Georgina Sparks (you know you love her!).
For Gossip Girl fans like me, I hope you’ll take time out to read the “Goodbye, Gossip Girl!” feature I did for OK! Magazine this month. I had fun reviewing the best and worst moments of the show, giving awards to the core cast, and honoring the show’s most gorgeous outfits.
You can still catch the last remaining episodes of Gossip Girl on ETC every Thursday at 8 pm.
XOXO (one last time!),
Leave a Reply
2 Responses to “Who We’ll Miss: Gossip Girl”
'All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go' appeared in our May issue, featuring photography by Cenon Norial III, styling by Jed Gregorio, makeup by Sari Campos,...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- ♥ [STEPH] Travel. Fall in love. Be happy. (ask.fm/tepaicruz)
Quote from: babypinko8 on June 16, 2013, 12:34:49 pmAt least may nirereleasan ka! hehe, how's your classmates naman na bago? Oka... Read more
Posted on Today at 07:58:13 pm
- Nicole: I'm 21 this June 21! =))
Quote from: babypinko8 on June 16, 2013, 12:38:11 pmI know. Trying to move on na lang. Kakastress lang but life goes on, with or... Read more
Posted on Today at 07:49:45 pm
- The sweetest girl on WW -- CANDYGIRL
Hallo Sandy! Mikee here, 15. Keep in touch puhleaaase Read more
Posted on Today at 06:41:10 pm
- last song syndrome! :) (LSS) PART 1
I Belong To Me by Jessica Simpson Read more
Posted on Today at 06:06:14 pm
- recipes na gusto i-share
Almond MilkYield: About 4 cupsTime: About 30 minutes, partially unattended, plus 8 to 12 hours for soaking the almonds1½ cups r... Read more
Posted on Today at 05:49:43 pm