One of the things I love about Manila is that you can never run out of things to see, experience, and enjoy. For example, tomorrow I’m going to treat a friend to dinner at Poco Deli, a little spot in Kapitolyo that serves really good, forget-about-your-diet food.
On Saturday, I’m going to watch the UP-UST UAAP game at the Arena with a few college friends, maybe check out the new Cotton On store at SM MOA, head to Cubao X for dinner with the Spot.ph gang, and then go to Spot.ph Art Director Warren Espejo’s very first exhibit at The Alternative Gallery. So many fun things to do, so little time.
Next weekend will be pretty special, too, because Resorts World Manila is going to debut their theater production of The King and I on September 15. Sounds familiar? It was sourced from the novel that inspired the movie Anna and the King.
I saw a sneak peek of the show a few weeks ago and I gotta say, the production value was incredible. I loved Monique Wilson’s beautiful gown by Rajo Laurel, who also designed the other characters’ costumes. (Did you know Rajo was actually cast as one of the king’s children when he was a kid? Full circle is full circle.)
What will you be doing this weekend? Are you as excited to see The King and I as I am? Share your thoughts below!
Tickets to The King and I are available at the Resorts World Manila Box Office and all TicketWorld outlets.
Leave a Reply
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- Dia's Room
Hi everyone!I'm Dianne, and my nicknames are Dia, Dee, Dai An in Chinese, or Deanne in Japanese.UP Open University student.Filip... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:47:43 pm
I wanna try going to the ukay-ukay shops near Gateway Mall in Cubao... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:44:06 pm
- TOPSHOP or Forever21? Pick...
Both, plus River Island and maybe Terranova. Read more
Posted on Today at 06:40:08 pm
- latest addiction is...
Cropped tops! Shoulder cut tops! Pointed side tops! Fringe tops! Loose tops! Tops w/ knots! Read more
Posted on Today at 06:38:39 pm
- accesory that you couldn't live the house without
My shoulder bag, of course, whether satchel or messenger. Read more
Posted on Today at 06:37:25 pm