Hi Candy Girls!
I get giddy the moment September arrives because it only means one thing: a fresh batch of American TV shows are ready for viewing. WOOHOO!
I attack this subject the way a nerdy student would prepare for her first week in college. I come up with a calendar (so I know which shows debut that week) and do my research weeks before these shows air to find out which ones are hits (or misses) for TV critics. On the night of my “premiere” viewing, I shut the door to my room and watch the show intently (as if I’d take a pop quiz after!). Then, I text and critique the show with my equally critical friends/TV addicts.
Now that October has rolled in (OMG, two months ’til Christmas!), I’ve seen quite a number of new shows. Some are excessively hyped (Ringer, Charlie’s Angels), while others are truly undiscovered gems (Pan Am, anyone?). On the comedy front, here are three new 20-minute comedies I think you’ll enjoy watching:
Stars: Zooey Deschanel, Jack Johnson, Max Greenfield, Hannah Simone
Plot: A eccentric, 20-something teacher breaks up with her cheating boyfriend and moves into a pad with three complete strangers.
Highlights: Zoey singing impromptu ditties and the douche-y Schmidt finding excuses to take off his shirt (and showing off his ripped bod!)
Laugh Rating: 3/5
Catch it on ETC beginning October 7, Friday, at 7 pm!
2 Broke Girls
Stars: Kat Dennings (love, love, love her!), Beth Behrs
Plot: A NYC socialite loses her inheritance and ends up working in a Brooklyn diner with a cynical waitress/cupcake baker.
Highlights: Witty, LOL-inducing one-liners from the leads and funny moments with a beautiful horse named Chestnut
Laugh Rating: 5/5
Stars: Jane Levy (don’t you think she looks like Emma Stone?), Jeremy Sisto
Plot: A single father moves to the suburbs with her city-loving daughter due to a huge misunderstanding. (The show’s tone reminds me of movies Mean Girls and Juno—not a bad thing at all.)
Highlights: Jane’s insightful musings on the town’s “strange” inhabitants
Laugh Rating: 4/5
Aside from these three comedies, which new shows are you loving at the moment? Share them with us so we can watch them as well!
Leave a Reply
3 Responses to “What We’re Watching: Funny TV Shows”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
Contractubex is a highly effective treatment for all scar types. it actively promotes the healing process of the skin and reduce... Read more
Posted on Today at 04:51:05 pm
- --->Did you ever fall for a character in the book you were reading?
LOL my own personal Christina Grey will always be Alexander Skarsgard. http://ins tagram.com/p/acqzdyF j8K/ Read more
Posted on Today at 03:31:13 pm
- All about: Twitter
@angelabtrze Read more
Posted on Today at 01:19:42 pm
- What is the unit of you're cellphone?
Samsung Galaxy S4 Read more
Posted on Today at 01:18:16 pm
- The Book that made you a Bookworm
Definitely Harry Potter! I was only a grade 4 student back then! Then 50 shades of Grey. Read more
Posted on Today at 10:53:11 am