Day in the Life of Candy
On June 10, 2011, my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary with a thanksgiving mass and a party with their close relatives and friends. Looking back on their love story and on their years together, here are a few things I learned about falling—and staying—in love.
1. It takes effort to make a relationship work. For a time, my mom studied in Holland while my dad worked in Manila. There was no Internet at the time and phone calls were expensive so they’d make an effort to write letters to each other. (Of course, my mom’s letters were always longer than my dad’s!)
2. Wherever your love goes, be willing to follow. After my mom graduated, my dad went to Holland—and that’s where they got married!
3. Share your passions and activities with each other. Traveling is one thing my mom and dad both love. They’ve been on countless trips together—and sometimes they take us kids along for the ride.
4. Support each other’s endeavors. While it’s great to have similar passions, it’s also good to have individual pursuits. I think it’s great how my dad supports my mom’s love for ballroom dancing, even if he doesn’t dance very often himself.
5. Always be patient.
6. Don’t scrimp on hugs, kisses, and holding hands.
7. Be with each other through thick and thin.
8. Pray together.
9. Know when to say sorry and when to forgive.
10. Share the love—because a love that lasts can serve as an inspiration to many!
I could list so many more things here but let me leave it at that for now. What have you learned about love from the people around you or from your own experiences? Feel free to add to this list!
Leave a Reply
I won't deny it: I spend way too much time online. Mostly I'm just stalking people on Facebook and Instagram, other times I'm doing something more useful like reading articles...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- Let's be friends! I'm Jiezel. Pasok kayo!
Quote from: im_numb10 on May 21, 2013, 07:23:18 pmNice, ang layo mo pala DevComm ako, parang AB comm din more on development ng... Read more
Posted on Today at 11:50:10 am
- Calling You -19th!- CHECK FIRST PAGE please
hmmmmm... hahahaha! diba si ares may sabi nung huling line? xD kasi naka pink eh xD hahaha teka nga... may love triangle bang ma... Read more
Posted on Today at 10:47:23 am
- Penny's List - Page 5 [5.22]
ohoho! XD double fvck nga talaga hahahaha. virgin ang pinatulan niya. tapos hindi pa niya nalaman ang name niya. hahaha effecti... Read more
Posted on Today at 10:42:34 am
- << LUMPY SPACE CLARA >> I can be smooth; someone punch out my lumps! D:
Lars Tenobor IX
@Zai: It was a win-win situation then.. x]i'm just constantly disappointed with real life kaya puro mga ganung pinagaatupag ko..... Read more
Posted on Today at 08:17:43 am
- All about: Twitter
http://twitter.com/F ishesInTheSea (former TobiMeansLove)I don't follow back all the time but if I see that your tweets are inter... Read more
Posted on Today at 07:18:22 am