Day in the Life of Candy
I promised myself I would never buy books anymore. Because:
1) I don’t have that much space in our new place.
2) I feel guilty when I see all that paper lying around untouched.
But on the first week of the year (when resolutions are made and instantly broken), I caved into my book-hoarding addiction and bought three novels.
No Strings Attached by Mina Esguerra, Table for Two by Marla Miniano, and Paper Cuts by Pam Pastor
I think I’m allowed to break this promise because:
1) I just HAD TO buy these books to support my friends. Yes, I’m proud to say I know people who write books for a living. One of them even mentioned me in her “thank you” notes. Whoopee!!!
2) I’ve been a good girl last year and didn’t buy any reading materials. Okay, fine, I’m lying, but I only bought books when I: a) gave them to friends as presents (which gave me the sneaky opportunity to scan the books—haha!) or b) gave my friends’ children educational gifts (my inaanak loves the Thomas the Train 6-in-1 book so much that he apparently sleeps beside it!).
Tonight, the 3Ms (Marla, Macy, and I) are attending Pam’s book launch, and despite my recently packed schedule, I’m halfway through her collection of short stories. They’re wonderfully insightful and hilarious as hell! Problem is if I go inside National Book Store Glorietta 5, I just might do my wallet some more damage and get my other friend/ex-Candy editor/Sparkling EIC Chinggay Labrador’s book called Popped! But then again, aren’t some promises made to be broken?
Leave a Reply
5 Responses to “Paper Promises”
Half-Pinoy Tobit Raphael plays a computer geek in The Internship, so naturally, we had to find out if he’s just as geeky in real life. The verdict? Totally! Geeky obsessions:...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- Survey: Last thing you ate
Homemade chicken teriyaki. Read more
Posted on Today at 03:12:41 am
Kaya mo yan!! Kung gusto mo talaga, diba? Read more
Posted on Today at 03:01:04 am
- I just keep coming back to Teentalk!
Quote from: emskey on June 12, 2013, 01:37:08 pmOf course darling! Kamusta?? Okay lang po, still waiting for school to start ka... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:58:45 am
- [Czar] Hey there :)
Quote from: czarleigh on June 14, 2013, 09:06:23 amHi there Biancaaaa! Sure. Let's be friends! Taga san ka?Quezon City po (do I... Read more
Posted on Today at 02:56:40 am
- All About Mochi Ice Creams
I love these. They're so much fun! I went to a restaurant one time where they had the so-called "mochi trio" with chocolate, gre... Read more
Posted on Today at 12:42:33 am