Day in the Life of Candy
I’m just going to list down stuff I’ve discovered about myself throughout the years. Sorry, if it might bore you or if it might not seem interesting. I turned 28 yesterday (Yikes! You must think I’m ancient—I’m probably twice your age, huh?) and it felt great. I think I’m most comfortable in my skin now than I’ve ever been. A far cry from the high school me who was so self-conscious and was always mindful of what others thought of me. I feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg and I still have a whole lot of things to discover about myself.
- You’re not shy. I’m just not chatty when it comes to people I’ve just met or don’t know at all.
- You like music. I don’t really have a type, I just figure if I like how it sounds, I’ll listen to it.
- Chocolate makes everything better. And dipping those potato chips in Nutella? Best idea I’ve ever had. Don’t forget it.
- You can get pretty obsessive. Whether it’s an animal (owl, giraffe, and a certain fashionable bunny), a cute boy (Logan Lerman, wait for meee!), a song (today it is “I Never Can Relax” by hellogoodbye—their album got released on my birthday!), food (peanut butter and strawberry jelly on toast), or just about anything, trust that it’ll take a long time for me to get tired of things.
- It’s okay not to have straight hair. I used to save up my money just to get my hair rebonded. These days, I’ve discovered that I can curl my hair with a flat iron, braid my hair, and put it up in a bun.
- Most of your favorite TV shows will die a natural death, but you can always get them on DVD. Oh, Pushing Daisies, I miss you so. I will have a Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, and PD marathon one of these days.
- Your hobby will become your career. I was just a Netscape Navigator-exploring teen when I decided I was meant to make websites. Look at me now more than a decade later, managing a website for work!
- You will go to great lengths to see your favorites up close and personal. I stood under the rain for two hours just to hear John Mayer sing “No Such Thing” live. I almost cried when I missed half of MAE’s set at Katy Perry’s concert last year.
- Eyeliner + winged tip is your best friend. Even if I don’t know how to put proper makeup on, I’ve got my eyeliner skillz down pat. Also, loose powder on your eyelids will save you the trouble of smudging.
- You like taking pictures. I now own a total of 6 cameras, not including my digicam. I have 3 rolls of film yet to be developed.
- You have low EQ. This, I think I need to work on. Haha! So there’s this pair of heels I want…
- You’re happiest in the kitchen. My oven is out of commission right now and it depresses me! I haven’t baked anything since those botched homemade Oreos.
- You have the best friends in the world! I’m so lucky that I’ve been blessed with such an awesome group of friends. From my high school barkada to my college best buds to the Candy Team!
- You can survive off Nutella. Recently, I started stirring in a teaspoon of Nutella into my coffee instead of sugar. It’s made my mornings better since.
- Though you will always be a Daddy’s Girl, you’re also a Mommy’s Girl. I lost my mom when I was 25 and it’s been a difficult journey. But I’ve been listing down my memories of her so that I’ll always remember her.
- You like drawing. In my family, I never thought of myself as an artist. I took art lessons with my brother but he was so much better at it than me. But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it. I haven’t missed a day!
- You will meet a lot of very interesting people. Just this year alone, I’ve had a chance to meet Cobra Starship, Alison Iraheta, Club 8, Dashboard Confessional, Jason Derulo, Hellogoodbye.
- Vegetables can actually be pretty yummy. I’ve always been a “no to veggies” person. I don’t know why exactly. But friends are surprised that I’ll happily attack a plate of Cyma’s Roka Salata.
- You like tea! I was never a tea drinker like my kuya and my mom but I was converted after trying Quickly’s Choco Milk Tea (which sadly, is not available in all their stores). I have since moved on to Serenitea’s Hokkaido (with egg pudding, please!).
- Social networking is pretty awesome. I’m certainly no expert but I think I know enough about Facebook and Twitter. I’ve been asked to give a talk about it twice and can’t wait to do it again!
- You love watching movies. Although I’ve always been the type to wait for movies to go on HBO (hahaha), I now have become the cinema-going type. Can’t wait to see Easy A this Friday!
- You will be part of Yummy‘s dessert panel! I’ve always been a fan of Yummy and I was so thrilled when they asked me to be part of their Dessert issue this month. Let me know if you tried any and which one is your fave! Still thinking about the Tres Leches and Goldmember from Sugar Rush Lab.
- You’ll get to visit beautiful places. Although I haven’t gone out of the country, I’ve been blessed enough to survey all the beautiful places here in the Philippines. Misibis on my mind.
- Dancing is not the only form of exercise you can do. Although I love dance, it can be pretty hard when you’ve got work to attend to and don’t have enough time to get to a studio. I learned about the 30-Day Shred from Angel and Mimi and I’ve been trying to do it whenever I have 20 minutes to spare in the morning.
- White is probably your favorite color, not pink. I’ve been obsessed with all things white. My future room in my future house will have wooden floors and white walls.
- Heels are not scary at all. Though ballet flats or sneakers will always be my first choice of footwear, I’ve learned that wearing heels is not so hard to do. I’ve mastered the balancing act and figured that with the right platform and chunky heel, I can walk in them just like I do in flats.
- It’s okay to be alone. And I don’t mean that in the relationship-kind-of-way. Although, that’s okay, too. It just means that I’m comfortable enough to be by myself, armed with a book, in a coffee shop or in a restaurant and not feel like the whole world is whispering about me.
- Everyday you learn something new. Just today someone said I didn’t do anything special for my birthday. I said, “Everyday is special!” I meant it as a joke, but come to think of it, it’s true! Just the fact that I was able to come up with 28 things to share with you today is kind of special, right?
Anyway, this is too long an entry and I doubt most of you reached the end of it. Haha! Hope you have a good week!
Leave a Reply
4 Responses to “28 Things”
I won't deny it: I spend way too much time online. Mostly I'm just stalking people on Facebook and Instagram, other times I'm doing something more useful like reading articles...
Have you seen the movie? Take this to find out which of these four ladies are you most like!
- Pano pag nagkagusto ka sa lalaking may girlfriend na ?
^ aww but you gotta keep distance when he has a girlfriend. think of it this way, if that guy was your bf, would you like seeing... Read more
Posted on May 22, 2013, 11:51:17 pm
- Tolerating Pain - Best Friend?
Aww, mukhang wala atang nag babasa nito.Pero, okay lang gusto ko padin ishare sainyo tong story na to Chapter 4:LYRIC’S POV:"P... Read more
Posted on May 22, 2013, 11:01:23 pm
- Calling You chap20- first page
Lars Tenobor IX
Quote from: aning! on May 22, 2013, 06:42:11 pmCLARAha? bakit ka naman napa sh/t sis? hehehe nako pareho ngang mainitin ng ulo s... Read more
Posted on May 22, 2013, 10:52:53 pm
- Thoughts on...Filipinas Dating Foreigners
I really never thought this was possible but if you're living in another country and all you can see are locals from this said c... Read more
Posted on May 22, 2013, 10:46:26 pm
- The Newbie is a Sugradrops. ^o^
Hello Fiona! Fiona na Lang ang itatawag ko kasi wala Lang parang mas maganda. Jaira here !! Friends? Read more
Posted on May 22, 2013, 09:54:39 pm