First of all, this title has little to do with the actual entry. I could have just been straightforward and written “I Went to a Tea Party” or “Let Me Tell You About a Tea Party” but I wanted to put in a Jars of Clay reference because I am cool. And old. How old were you guys when Jars of Clay was still cool? Not as old as I was, I bet. Anyway, this entry is about a tea party. I won’t be able to connect it to Sympathy. Just warning you.
So tea parties are a lot of fun. I say this like I attend tea parties all the time, but I actually don’t. In fact the last tea party I went to was… wait, I had never been to a tea party before. That’s why, when former Council of Cool member and accessories designer Ana Gonzales invited me to one, I said yes right away. Then I practiced holding my dainty pinkie up and saying stuff like “biscuits, please” and “a spoonful of sugar” with an English accent.
The Alice in Wonderland-themed party was held at 12 Baskets Bakeshop, a warm, cheerful little spot in San Juan. A group of talented bloggers and I were treated to a kitchen tour, given interesting trivia about the shop (the owner Fred got the bakery’s name from the biblical story about the multiplication of loaves and fish), and allowed to stuff ourselves silly with their delightful goodies.
Cinnamon Twists (Php20/pc), Spanish Bread—loved how soft, sweet, and buttery this was! (Php5.50/pc), and Egg Tarts (Php30/pc). They also sell Sumilao Corn Coffee, which is organically-grown, caffeine-free, and a great way to help out the Sumilao farmers and support their cause.
Ana sent me home a happy girl with lots of freebies from her awesome online shop Anagon Collection (I was supposed to pick out items randomly but I semi-cheated), plus Alice-inspired accessories for the rest of the Candy team. Thank you, Ana! We love our super cute new loot!
1) I adore Ana’s bunny ears, and 2) This floral dress is my lame-o version of a tea party outfit—I wanted to wear white tights and Mary Janes but: a) I don’t have white tights, b) I don’t have Mary Janes, and c) I was running late, like the White Rabbit. See what I just did right there?
Hop on over (HAHAHA! yes? no? okay, never mind) to 12 Baskets Bakeshop located at 38 J. Gutierrez cor. J. Abad Santos St., Little Baguio, San Juan, and visit Anagon Collection at anagoncollection.multiply.com.
Leave a Reply
6 Responses to “Tea and Sympathy”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- Broken Dance (Second Chapter)
Second ChapterNikae Clemente: I don't need to know, how he treated me today is enough to know him.When the song played, everyone... Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:50:02 pm
- Let's play a I've watched that movie Game
Nope. Hours? Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:03:18 pm
- [REVISED]He's a SHE.
yahhh. pero lie low. di na ako writer eh, reader na lang. haha, medyo busy eh namiss kita Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 09:44:10 pm
- Hana ♔: OMGOSH! Hello teentalk! It's been a while :) May kakilala pa ba ko dito?
Quote from: mysteriousgurl16 on February 24, 2013, 08:18:18 pmHAHAHA. Nako kapatid, nagkachat kami ni Vampy Kimmy, napag-usapan ... Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 09:25:33 pm
- Dia's Room
Hey Rachel! =] Nice to have a friend from Ateneo, am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong. xD Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 08:43:26 pm