Hi, Candy Girls!
Do you remember my blog about my BDG? Just wanted to share that I’ve finally fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams, and it surpassed all of my expectations!
The Partner in Crime: One of my best friends, Blanche
She was a little iffy about doing it originally. But since she’s a big thrill-seeker like me, she agreed to do it! (Can you see her scaredy-cat smile in the photo? She did the jump before I did so she was really nervous.)
The Support Group: Our high school kabarkadas, Tin and Leigh
These two were part of our reverse bungee posse in Singapore, but they could not imagine plunging headfirst down the tower. (Who could blame them?) During the actual jump, they took lots of videos and photos of us which I am eternally thankful for.
Unlike my friend who was aided by a friendly Pinoy, some sungit guy helped me with my equipment. I guess I should thank him for helping me forget about my pre-jump jitters (I was momentarily distracted by his crankiness). Plus, he was really concerned about keeping me alive, so safety—not niceties—came first.
I was crooning to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ “Free Fallin’” weeks before the jump, so I tried humming it to clear my mind. However, the observation deck’s thumping music was so loud that I couldn’t complete the whole song. In hindsight, it was a wise tactic by the tower because the party music easily masked the screams of the spectators as the bungee jumpers took the leap (which made it less scary for us, haha!).
Outside I was all smiles, but when the cute Aussie guy started counting down “Five… four… three… two… one…” behind me, my heart nearly jumped off my chest!
The fear lasted as quick as the scream I let out once I jumped off. (See my actual jump here.) It was instantly replaced by the bliss of floating in a silent abyss. I didn’t even close my eyes when I was descending down the tower because I wanted the moment to last. Of course, this experience lasted for only a couple of minutes, but the thrill lasted more than a week.
It was ultimately an awesome experience worth repeating. I wonder where I can do it next…
Leave a Reply
7 Responses to “Free Fallin’”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- What Perfume are you wearing?
I have a huge backlog of Bath and Body Works scents. Read more
Posted on Today at 08:19:41 am
- Korean Idol Group: EXO/EXO-K/EXO-M
My personal ~like from their discography is 365. They performed that too. It was fun.Best moment was when G-Dragon and some EX... Read more
Posted on Today at 08:16:28 am
- What Do You Collect? v.2
Quote from: marzorie_25 on Today at 06:43:40 amI collect merchandise of my favorite singers/groups.60% - DBSK/TVXQ30% - One Dire... Read more
Posted on Today at 08:14:28 am
- which do you prefer: a boy bestfriend or a girl bestfriend???
I don't know if it's considered here... pero I prefer a gay best friend. Read more
Posted on Today at 06:48:56 am
- 3 Things You Can't Live Without Doing...
1. Listening to music >> Feeling ko patay na bata ako kung di ako makikinig ng music.2. Fangirling >> Connected din sa pakikinig... Read more
Posted on Today at 06:46:07 am