Hi, Candy girls!
How was your vacation last week? While Marla was enjoying the sights of Fort Ilocandia, I was in Baguio taking in the not-so-fresh mountain air but loving the cool, foggy weather. It’s been more than 10 years since my last visit to the summer capital of the Philippines (I was still a teen then!), so I was surprised to see how much things have changed.
I traveled to Baguio with my high school clique not because of a random tripping, but because our kabarkada got married there. On our way up, we all had fun by reminiscing about our high school days. (It’s really different when you’re still in school. I miss those days!) Before reaching the city, we took a snap in front of the lion/welcome sign. I remember it looking a little different then (maybe another color?), but I’m glad that it’s still there.
When we got to our cottage, I met this cute little baby girl named Colleen! She’s my kabarkada’s daughter, so I got to hang out with her a lot. I got so kilig when she’d see me and call out my name! She’s even cuter than her Care Bears stuffed toy.
I didn’t know my friend was getting married in the same church Aga Mulach and Charlene Gonzales got married in. Of course, my friend Leigh (who’s a fan of YES! Mag, with me in this snap) told me about it.
This is Mamoo, my friend who got married in Baguio. She looked so nice in her white gown, while I looked sinister in my sleek ‘do and furry black ensemble. (Can you say kontrabida?) This picture reminded me of the game Othello. Have you ever played that?
Two of my friends were part of the entourage, but despite that, we had time to pose for funny pics. (Clockwise from top) Here’s Chari, Blanche, Tin, and I giving our most sultry looks. Haha! I think we’ll need more practice to look alluring.
On the way home, we passed by an impressive restaurant in Tarlac called Isdaan. Aside from feeding the fishes, you could take pictures with the huge statues or walk down a long plank with a bucket of water to win one free kilo of fish. What I loved best was this area where you could release your anger by shouting “Tacsiyapo!” and smashing ceramic cups, old plates, or—get this—working television sets! My friends smashed a couple of cups, but we didn’t have the heart to break those TV sets since they each cost P1300!
Oh! If you’re a fan of the Peppermint Mocha, Toffee Nut Latte, or Gingerbread Latte drinks, head out to Starbucks now. These drinks are already available! I’m collecting those stickers so I could give the planner to my best friend who’s moving away soon. Waaah!
If you don’t want your Starbucks stickers, send them to me!
Leave a Reply
11 Responses to “Back to Baguio”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- Broken Dance (Second Chapter)
Second ChapterNikae Clemente: I don't need to know, how he treated me today is enough to know him.When the song played, everyone... Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:50:02 pm
- Let's play a I've watched that movie Game
Nope. Hours? Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:03:18 pm
- [REVISED]He's a SHE.
yahhh. pero lie low. di na ako writer eh, reader na lang. haha, medyo busy eh namiss kita Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 09:44:10 pm
- Hana ♔: OMGOSH! Hello teentalk! It's been a while :) May kakilala pa ba ko dito?
Quote from: mysteriousgurl16 on February 24, 2013, 08:18:18 pmHAHAHA. Nako kapatid, nagkachat kami ni Vampy Kimmy, napag-usapan ... Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 09:25:33 pm
- Dia's Room
Hey Rachel! =] Nice to have a friend from Ateneo, am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong. xD Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 08:43:26 pm