Not really the type to get scared over rats (more grossed out with roaches), but got freaked out just a few moments ago during a meeting with the bosses. My officemate spotted a small rat so we called in a janitor to get rid of it. I was expecting him to enter with the usual yellow sticky paper, but he just waltz in without anything, crouched on the floor, then started hitting the little one with his bare hands! WAAH! Just seeing that made me feel bad for the rat. It was too morbid for words. In the end, the janitor captured the rat of course, but it really looked dazed and confused. Or maybe even almost dead. YUCK!
Moving on… Was originally planning on talking about my mum this time (got inspired by Sweet's August Reality Bites article about her own supermom), but the rat incident just trumped it. Still, I have to say that MY MOM IS THE BEST. Now that we don't have a maid, she does absolutely everything WITHOUT complaining. At first, I teased her and said, "Hay naku, Mom. A woman's work is never done." In her case, it really is true! She wakes up early just to make my (and my bro's) baon and breakfast, proceeds to wash the dishes, gathers our clothes for the washing machine, puts all the ironed clothes into our closets, etcetera.
Just recently, she had to go to the doc 'cause her hand was getting numb from all the housework. Aww, poor mom! The doc gave her something which made (and still makes her) dizzy, so on the first night she took it, she slept like a log and couldn't get up to make me breakfast. I didn't know about it, so as I was washing my baonan and wondering why no one was awake at 8 am, she goes to the kitchen looking all worried. "Kumain ka na ba?" she asked. At that point, I didn't even know she saw the doc or that she was taking something, so I just gave her a look and said, "Uh… Hindi kasi you didn't make me anything." I'm so bad, noh?
Anyway, this is a special shout-out for my mom: Hey mummy dearest! We don't always say it, but the sibs and I really appreciate everything you've done and continue to do for us each day. Love, love, LOVE you lots!!!
XX OO xO, (That's "keess keess, hug hug, small keess, big hug…" from Nacho Libre. Haha!)
Leave a Reply
11 Responses to “Creepy Crawlies and Motherly Love”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
- 10. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- New: Last Movie You've Seen and Rate it from 1-10
Getaway - 7.5/10 Read more
Posted on Today at 01:44:23 pm
- [REVISED]He's a SHE.
Quote from: ^^ellemich on December 05, 2013, 09:44:10 pmyahhh. pero lie low. di na ako writer eh, reader na lang. haha, medyo bu... Read more
Posted on Today at 01:21:12 pm
- should your bff date your ex?
It depends if you don't love the guy. But then, she dated your boyfriend when you were still together? That's some serious sht. ... Read more
Posted on Today at 12:03:38 pm
- Broken Dance (Second Chapter)
Quote from: Thoughtsinbits on Today at 09:48:30 amHmm.. I think there's something more kung bakit walang maalala si Bon Updat... Read more
Posted on Today at 10:34:30 am
- Online Shopping [Merged]
Almost all my online shopping comes from Amazon. Read more
Posted on Today at 04:24:39 am