Last Saturday, I helped my little sister shop for a new school bag and a new pair of school shoes. Clutching her hand as we tried to dodge all the back-to-school shoppers (I gave her stern warnings not to let go because she might get kidnapped! Haha!), I suddenly felt a twinge of sadness that I was no longer part of the June rush. I missed the thrill of going to the mall to buy new clothes and new school supplies. I missed the excitement of meeting new classmates and new teachers. I missed the reassurance of knowing that the new school year gives everyone a fresh start, a clean slate.
When I received my diploma, I had this goofy grin on my face and I wanted to do cartwheels on stage (except that I’m a total klutz and I can’t do cartwheels even if my life depended on it, but that’s beside the point). If you look at my graduation pictures, you can almost hear me saying, “I’m so happy I’m on my way out of here!”
But now, barely three months after graduating, I’m starting to miss being a student. Yup, including the homework and the exams. So yeah, I’m such a nerd.
I guess it just takes a while to get used to the fact that I’m no longer officially in school. It helps that right now, I’m learning so many new things that I think I feel like a student againâ€”the Candy staff and all you Candy girls out there are definitely the best teachers ever!
Leave a Reply
7 Responses to “Back to School”
We’re ringing in the new year with batch 14 of the Candy Council of Cool! Have you seen their very first All Access feature in our December-January issue? (Page 78!) As you might...
1. Style Equation: Dress + Sunglasses
- 2. 30 Days of Style: Aimee Wood
- 3. Candy TV: #SelfieReady Pink Eyes
- 4. Candy TV: Scene Stealer
- 5. 6 Ways to Style a Scarf
- 6. Style Equation: Bikini + Shorts
- 7. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 8. 5 in 5: Dominic Roque
- 9. Behind the Scenes: The Only Place
- 10. Candy TV: Julia Barretto on the Cover
1. 5 Best No-Makeup Makeup Looks
- 2. 5 Things You Missed While You Were In School
- 3. Beauty Blog Stalking: Polished Pinay
- 4. FN Link Love: New Love Team Alert—Julia Barretto and Enrique Gil
- 5. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 6. How Cool Is Catching Fire’s OST? Very Cool.
- 7. Blast From The Past: Remembering 12 Of Our Fave Shows
- 8. 5 Stylish Girls This Week
- 9. 5 Worst Things That Can Happen to Your Hair
- 10. Get the Look: Janella Salvador's Silky Straight Hair
1. Get the Look: Julia Montes' Glam Curls
- 2. Get the Look: Kathryn Bernardo's Neutral Makeup
- 3. Twitter Talk: Julia Barretto, Linn Oeymo, Kathryn Bernardo, And More Celebritweets
- 4. Twitter Talk: Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Coleen Garcia, And Other Celebritweets This Week
- 5. The Art of Modern-Day Ligaw As Illustrated By Joaquin And Chichay Of Got To Believe
- 6. Twitter Talk: Spooky Celebritweets And More From Lauren Young, Julie Anne San Jose, And More
- 7. Top Tengs: 10 Things You Should Know About The Teng Brothers
- 8. Twitter Talk: Sam Concepcion, Elmo Magalona, Daniel Padilla, And More Celebritweets Rallying Relief Efforts
- 9. 5 Things Not To Do When There's A Supertyphoon Coming
- 10. Twitter Talk: Celebritweets From Julia Barretto, Kathryn Bernardo, Lauren Young, And More
- QuickSilva's Pad
Hi Rachel. We could definitely be friends. What have you been up to lately? Read more
Posted on Today at 03:14:13 am
- --->Did you ever fall for a character in the book you were reading?
Mockingjay had me falling for Peeta too. Read more
Posted on Today at 02:09:00 am
- Broken Dance (Second Chapter)
Second ChapterNikae Clemente: I don't need to know, how he treated me today is enough to know him.When the song played, everyone... Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:50:02 pm
- Let's play a I've watched that movie Game
Nope. Hours? Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 10:03:18 pm
- [REVISED]He's a SHE.
yahhh. pero lie low. di na ako writer eh, reader na lang. haha, medyo busy eh namiss kita Read more
Posted on December 05, 2013, 09:44:10 pm