Still not over the ombre trend? Why not adapt the style on your fingernails? All you need are your favorite polish colors plus a piece of sponge!
- Take your base coat and apply one thin coat on your nails.
- Once your base is dry, take your first color (we chose light pink) and apply one to two coats until the color is completely opaque.
- Take your sponge and two more colors (we're using light purple and mint green). Apply two strips of color on the sponge, lightly dabbing on a piece of paper to make sure there's not too much polish.
- Dab the sponge back and forth on your nail till you get the gradient effect that you like. You may need to reapply the polish on the sponge to get a nice shade on your tips.
- Wait for your nails to dry before finally finishing off with a top coat. The top coat will smooth out any bumps (from the texture of the sponge) on your nail and will make the colors look blended into each other.
Sounds easy enough right? You can use bright, neon colors if you want too. The possibilities are endless!