- Shampoo for the roots, conditioner for the ends. Shampoo can dry out your hair so make sure to stick to your scalp when washing your hair. Use a small amount and work it into a lather. You want to remove the oil that has built up on your scalp. For conditioner, make sure to apply it on the ends of your hair and rinse with a blast of cold water to seal in moisture.
- Use an absorbent towel to dry off your hair. Don't rub your hair with your towel. This can damage it! Carefully press your towel against your head to absorb the excess water.
- Detangle with a wide-toothed comb. After getting out of the shower, run a wide-toothed comb from the roots to the tips of your hair. Then let your hair airdry or use a blowdrier to speed up the process.
- Use a heat protectant spray when styling your hair. If it's not necessary, we suggest staying away from heating tools for styling your hair. But if you really have to, invest in a good heat protectant spray that you can mist all over your hair. This will help in preventing your hair from burning!
- Look for hair products that are specific for your hair type. Read the labels and find one that's suited to your hair concerns: dull and lifeless; dry, broken, and damaged; frizzy, unruly, and unmanageable; fine, flyaway; dry with dandruff; or difficult to style. Check out the slideshow below to find the product that's right for you hair!
Avon Advance Techniques Hair Care Collection will be available starting July 16, 2011 through Avon Ladies nationwide. You can also call 8642900 or log on to www.avon.com.ph to look for a representative.