Tuesday Tunes: 10 Songs That Ruled the Airwaves When Candy Was BornWant to know what were the songs we played on loop in 1999?
PHOTO Jive Records
- "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. The perfect background music for your first kiss.
- "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys. The alternate title for this song: "Tell Me Why."
- "The Hardest Thing" by 98 Degrees. A sad love story and a music video featuring Nick Lachey as a boxer? Yes, please!
- "Unpretty" by TLC. Because if he truly loves you, he should accept you—flaws and all.
- "Genie In a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera. Most of us probably tried to learn Christina's rad dance steps in this video... and failed!
- "Heartbreaker" by Mariah Carey and Jay-Z. This song's music video wins on all levels. Don't you wish you could do the same thing to your cheating boyfriend? JK!
- "Sometimes" by Britney Spears. Because no '90s playlist is complete without a Britney Spears track.
- "Thinking of You (I Drive Myself Crazy)" by *NSYNC. Before Justin Timberlake's successful solo career, he was part of a boyband... and he sported the curliest blonde hair.
- "Summer Girls" by LFO. Our ultimate OST in the summer of 1999.
- "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden. When we imagined getting married to our high school crushes back then, this was the song playing in the background. Oh, Kirsten Dunst is in this video too.
What are your favorite songs from the '90s, Candy Girls? Tell us about them in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom to join the conversation.
Get the latest updates from candy!subscribe to our newsletter!
latest on CandyMag.com
Get into the habit of hugging someone this year!
Focus on what makes you feel comfortable and what feels authentic to your personality.
LOAD MORE ARTICLES