The MTV Europe Music Awards 2014 (MTV EMAs) just announced its winners this year and while we can't be in Europe to take part in the celebration, we're still happy for all our fave acts who got nominated and took home awards this year. The MTV EMAs also gave us a few performances that made all the Monday blues go away today, too.
1. "Superbass" hitmaker Nicki Minaj hosted this year's event held at the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow, Scotland. She had 8 wardrobe changes and welcomed everyone while she was suspended in the air. Nicki took home the Best Hip Hop award this year. Hit the play button to watch her opening, but proceed with caution because girl's got a few bleep-worthy moments.
2. Of course we just can't miss mentioning Charli XCX's live performance of "Boom Clap," from the original soundtrack of The Fault In Our Stars, and "Break the Rules."
3. Ed Sheeran was there to give a dreamy performance of "Thinking Out Loud" that night. This just makes us more excited to listen to him live when he comes here in March 2015.
4. The guys of One Direction weren't there to accept the awards they won that night, but they sent in their video message (but where's Zayn?) thanking all their fans for the support. The group took home the awards for Best Pop, Best Live, and Best Fans.
5. Ariana Grande, who took home the Best Female and Best Song awards (for "Problem," with Iggy Azalea), performed "Problem" and "Break Free" for the audience.
6. Nick Jonas sang his song "Jealous" in the middle of a Miami downpour for the 2014 MTV EMA Kick Off. Bonus: He took off his black jacket in the middle of the performance. Whoah, how profesh!
Want to know who else got lucky that night? Hit the play button below.
What do you think of this year's winners at the MTV EMAs 2014, Candy Girls? Share your thoughts in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)