It's September 1st and we think you know what this means.
Have you packed your bags yet, Potterheads? The Hogwarts Express is leaving today (maybe in a few hours because we're following British time?). Consider this your reminder to go over the things in your trunks.
1. Your school supplies. Have you bought everything you need already? New students aren't allowed to go to Hogsmeade on weekends yet, so you should have everything in your bags before getting in the train. We found lists of required school supplies per year level over here. Forgot something? Apparate to Diagon Alley now!
2. If you're a third year student, don't forget to have your Hogsmeade permission slips signed by your legal guardians so you can have a little fun during the weekends. You don't want to be left behind and play Wizard's Chess by yourself, right?
3. Your allowance. As we said, you can't just leave school and go to Gringotts to make a withdrawal. Save your parents the hassle and ask them for those coins now.
4. Your train ticket. Like what Hagrid told Harry years back, stick to yo ticket!
5. A courageous heart. You'll come face to face with a lot of new things—spells, potions, encounters with the dark sort big or small—but have the heart to never give up. Make new friends, too! We're pretty sure everything is a lot less scary when you have friends to share these experiences with.
Have a wonderful term, Potterheads!