We're very familiar with Sophie Turner's ability to kick butt, navigate her way through mind games, and be her own savior—you learn a few things growing up as an orphan teenage lady in Game of Thrones' Westeros after all—so we thought she was the perfect choice for the role of young Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse. And she proved us right, capturing Jean Grey's fiery nature tempered by self-restraint born of her fear of the full extent of her powers.
We're excited to see her play Jean Grey in the coming sequels, but for now we're pretty content following her off-screen adventures, which is just as interesting as her reel life.
- When her character's direwolf was killed off Game of Thrones, she adopted the dog who played Lady, whose real name is Zunni. How's that for an alternate happy ending?
- She makes friends everywhere she goes—just ask her castmates who all adore her. Here she is with her Game of Thrones sister and partner in crime, Maisie Williams. #Mophie
- But that doesn't mean Sophie makes friends just to climb up the Hollywood ladder. "I have a really good bullsh*t radar!" she tells Nylon. "Everyone in Los Angeles has an agenda. They want to be friends with you because of who you are. It's like, 'We're famous! Let's be friends!' I'm like, 'But I don’t even know you!'" Sophie makes friends with people she actually finds interesting and can let loose with.
- She craves for authenticity in all aspects of her life. Sophie tells Nylon, "Don't get me wrong, I adore acting and I've always wanted to do this, but there is a lot of loneliness attached to it. Sometimes, you just want to go unnoticed, and I have this desire to be able to talk to people just for the sake of talking, and not because they know who I am, you know?"
- Sophie and Kit Harington play half-siblings on Game of Thrones. When he fooled the whole world into thinking that his character, Jon Snow, was really dead, Sophie fell for it hook, line, and sinker. She wrote him a really sweet goodbye letter, which Kit, who has come back from the dead, now shows off to everyone, like a kuya teasing his younger sister! So cute.
- Sophie is totally us if we ever find ourselves right next to Tye Sheridan (who plays her X-Men OTL, Scott a.k.a. Cyclops).
- That look of pure ecstatic joy? Sophie is most definitely us if we ever see Ryan Gosling in the flesh!
Don’t miss Sophie in X-Men: Apocalypse, now out in cinemas.