Yesterday at the EDSA Shangri-la Garden Ballroom, Maroon 5 met with the press before heading to SMX in Mall of Asia for their one-night-only concert. Here are some things Corinne found out about Adam, James, Jesse, Michael, birthday boy Matt, and TJ, who was actually in their room washing his hair!
- On what makes Hands All Over special. "Well, we went to Switzerland to make our album, which is a very far and beautiful place. So being away from home is an amazing thing. And we made it with Robert "Mutt" Lang, who is a legendary super producer. And it was an interesting experience—paradise. It was a beautiful kind of isolated place to concentrate on just making music, which kind of drove me a little crazy, but it was really fun."
- On their song writing process. "Really, there's a million different ways we can write music. It's kind of all over the place. It's better that way to keep it unique and different."
- On the coolest thing about being on tour. "I think one of the coolest things about being on tour is the fact that we get to see different places."
- On collaborating with Filipino artists. "Of course we'd like to do collaboration with Pacquiao. That would be amazing! Yeah, sign us up! We're gonna write a song for him here! We wouldn't want to say no. We'll never say no to him."
- On artists they'd want to work with in the future. "Adele! I think we should do some Danger Mouse. That'd be cool, that'd be sweet. How about Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden? There we go! I don't think he's busy. And Manny Pacquiao!"
The band ended the press con by saying that the fans should expect "the greatest show of all time" that night. Were you there at the concert last night? Share your experience with other Candy Girls in the comments below!
You can still grab Maroon 5's latest album Hands All Over at record bars nationwide released under MCA Universal.